Advice on how to record Resort TV

dacubedfred

I am going down to WDW in June and would love to record some Resort TV while I am doing there. However I am not sure what I would need in order to do this. I have both a PC and a Mac I can use.

Any advice would be great!!

I'm pretty sure nelsonj3 (ResortTV1 is his YouTube channel) said he uses this device:
WinTV-HVR-1955
High performance USB TV tuner for ASTC, NTSC and QAM
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hvr1955.html
My understanding is that even though the resort hotel rooms have flatscreen TVs, the signal going into them is still analog instead of digital.  That Hauppauge device converts the analog TV signal into a digital MPEG-2 stream, which goes out its USB port, into your computer and is saved to a file on the hard drive.  If the forum search function was working properly, I would link to nelsonj3's posts instead of going from my memory. ::)

You're very welcome!  Happy capturing!

Bring an external backup drive for the computer if you can.  I've had the hard drive on my laptop die while I was using it on the airplane.  I was surprised but not worried because I had a copy of all the important files on that drive backed up to an external drive that I had in my laptop bag.

Just a note regarding this during the last time I went to DLRP (December 2016). All the TV's in the cabins of the Davy Crockett Ranch are fed with IP signals and it is a totally interactive TV platform that they got there (don't know if it's adhering to the standard IPTV spec). I haven't looked behind the TV, so there might still be a few RCA jacks or something if you're lucky. I also don't know how this is in the other hotels, could be different, but I think not.

I just watched this video about the Davy Crockett Ranch.
Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch - Disneyland Paris - Pioneer Cabin tour and hotel Tour - 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMboHGmJuNA
DLP did a good job on the architecture, design & theming.  The ranch does look very American.
I saw the Samsung TV in the cabin; is it a Smart TV?

pixelated said:
I just watched this video about the Davy Crockett Ranch.
Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch - Disneyland Paris - Pioneer Cabin tour and hotel Tour - 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMboHGmJuNA
DLP did a good job on the architecture, design & theming.  The ranch does look very American.
I saw the Samsung TV in the cabin; is it a Smart TV?

Yes, the theming there is so great that it's like staying in a real, old, musty cabin. It's a horrible hotel, the worst in the Disney portfolio across the world.

I don't think it's a smart TV. Could be, if it's flashed with custom firmware to enable those special IPTV functionalities I guess as I haven't seen another device besides it (and there were no extra wires going back into the cabinet where your internet (LAN) connection is coming out of...

@fbueller: It may be the worst one, but you can at least cook something yourself and it isn't as expensive as the other hotels (though, Santa Fé is sometimes a bit cheaper, but you lose the cooking option and you're stuck with horrible food, which costs too much) and not everyone has the amount of money to grab a dinner somewhere every evening ;) Besides, you can park your car right next to your cabin! You can't do that with the other hotels :) And if your car runs on LPG/CNG, then driving those few minutes to/from the park won't cost you a thing either and the walking distances were significantly shorter than the other hotels, where you MUST go through whole Disney Village first. I wouldn't consider other hotels. I stayed in Santa Fé a couple years back, but I didn't like it as there is nothing to do there in your room. No cooking, no water heater for a lovely soup that you can't get in France (yes, I take most of my food with me as I've had a food poisoning in Disney Village by eating some salad, took me two months to get back up my feet). I always was already a bit picky about food, but since then I'm very picky about what I eat.

Just my 2c.

My bad - I read that as Santa Fe for some reason. Never been to the campground, Santa Fe is what I consider the worst hotel in the Disney portfolio. Sorry about the confusion.

I can totally agree on Santa Fé being the worst hotel at the Paris parks and, while I don't know it for certain, it may well be the worst hotel in the entire franchise.

I just watched a non-family friendly video review of the Santa Fé Hotel.  It does look pretty bad for a Disney hotel, even for a "value" hotel.  But it's still better than some of the absolutely terrible hotels/motels I've stayed in during road trips when I wanted a flexible schedule and didn't reserve rooms in advance.  Would I stay in the Santa Fé if I had to?  Yep, I would. 8)

Does anyone know what type of tv connection the Disney Cruise Line currently uses?

I will be going on a cruise on the Disney Magic and I understand the tv programing was updated recently to include on-demand programing similar to the Dream and Fantasy. 

Back