United Kingdom pavilion background music loops

SimonRJ

Hi everybody, I am new to here but have a music knowledge quest for you.

I was a Cast member in the United Kingdom pavilion back in 2002/2003 and have been trying to get that nostalgic feeling felt from working there.

I am trying to get a track listing (and if possible a copy mp3 or CD) of the background music that was played in and around the UK pavilion around this time.

[*]The music that was looped all day inside the shops and outside in the street and gardens.
I think i've found the list of UK pavilion music, but any idea on where to get a copy??
Beatles Medley
"Berkeley Square"
"Come Away"
"Fairest Isle"
Folk Medley
Gilbert & Sullivan Medley
"Greensleeves"
"Halfway Down the Stairs"
"Handel in the Strand"
"How Deep Is Your Love"
"London Pride"
"Miller of the Dee"
"Minuet"
Mixed Medley
Music Hall Medley
Noel Coward Medley
"Nymphs & Shepherds"
"Pastoral Dance"
"Pirates of Penzance"
"Shall I Sue"
"Shepherd's Dance"
"Soldiers of the Queen"
"Someday I'll Find You"
"Stranger on the Shore"
"The Boyfriend"
UK Medley
"We'll Gather Lilacs"

[*]I would also like to know the music loop that was played around International Gateway, which I believe was a mixture of UK, French and a few other pavilions.. I used to work on Rope drop early morning at the bridge to France when the gateway opened for guets to walk through to Future World and the Princess breakfast and Norway.
[*]The third bit of music is the one that is played at the very end of the day in the world showcase, played after illuminations when everyone is rushing to exit the park and to wait in line for the buses. This is one of my favourite times of day in WDW, the lights are turned down low, and it's all calm, not many people about, music soothingly played out!

Any help you have would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

The gateway might be on here, but I don't think the pavilion area loop is. The loop can be found on youtube (might be cut into chunks) and you could use a service like offliberty to download content.

not seen the track list for this before  ;D
The torrent starts with Ash Grove, and Loch Lomond followed by What shall we do with the drunken sailor and the sailor's hornpipe and then goes into London Pride so I suspect that first section will be one or more of the medleys (don't you hate it when Disney do that) medley then some classical stuff (  ::) ) then Greensleeves and the British Grenadiers followed by Drink to Me Onlyand the listing doesn't seem to follow the live recording  ??? It may be that some unlisted tracks are just part of "medley". We found a lot of similar medeys in the Toad Hall Restaurant loop at DLRP.

Thanks for your replies guys, and thank you Pixelated yes that torrent is great but very poor quality to listen too.
Ill have to keep looking or hoping that someone will find or upload another version.

Eyore... where is Toad Hall Restaurant as it doenst ring any bells.

Thanks

It's basically impossible to capture a high quality recording of the UK.  I have at least 5 of my own recordings and they quality is about the same as the other recording(s) that are out there.  Even my own "matrix" mixes using multiple recordings into a single mix don't sound all that great. But it's still better than nothing.

SimonRJ said:
Thanks for your replies guys, and thank you Pixelated yes that torrent is great but very poor quality to listen too.
Ill have to keep looking or hoping that someone will find or upload another version.

Thanks

Disneyland Resort Paris (DLRP)  ;) - right in the middle of Fantasyland near the fantasyland station and Dumbo. They do a very similar loop of "British" music.
http://www.magicmusic.net/blog/5/entry-105-toad-hall-restaurant-dlrp/  for tthe playlist
http://www.mousebits.com/download.php?id=d01359349f40ff265e541608d3ca1ca6ea745e88&f=Toad%20Hall%20Restaurant%20DLRP%20(induction).torrent  for the audio loop

SimonRJ said:
At least that recording is labeled "poor quality" so you know what to expect :D.  I replaced sections of it with the matching section from the Toad Hall Restaurant loop to make it more tolerable. ;)
Looking at a map of Disneyland Paris (http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/interactive-map.html#@disneyland_park/(43.688,-7.918)/5), the Toad Hall Restaurant is in the back of Fantasyland, between Peter Pan's Flight and the Fantasyland train station, and across from Dumbo the Flying Elephant, as eyore pointed out.
Some pictures of the restaurant:
https://www.google.com/search?q=toad+hall+restaurant+disneyland+paris&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3Bx9UvzzG4eliQKu2IC4DA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=856

Pretty good fish and chips too although they have no idea how to make a decent batter (we don't usually coat our fish in crepe batter - it's too soggy)  ;D

Back