Suggestions needed - What is the best MediaPlayer

ChrisLyndon

I am so frustrated with WinAmp - Been trying to change the visualization so I can see an enlarged version of my attached album art for my music files, which is something that you can do on Itunes, and would like to be able to also do this using WinAmp. There is a plug-in that can be downloaded for something similar, but I keep downloading the plug-in and it is not showing up in the plug-in menu. What do you all use as your playback program? I am thinking of ditching WinAmp for something less ridiculous to operate. I cannot use Itunes as my playback method, because I am a PC user, and Itunes does not get along very well with my system. It is constantly freezing up and crashing. So I need something more compatible with a PC. Windows Media Player is totally annoying too, because every time I play a track, it presents an annoying glitch in at the very end, sort of like a little skip. Not sure why this happens, but it bugs the heck out of me. So I never use Media Player. Can Anyone recommend an even better desktop playback method for a PC?

I swear by Foobar, though it's so absurdly customizable that you may have to tinker for a while to get it looking the way you want.

I've been using Media Monkey Gold for years and I haven't had any trouble with it. I switched to it after having lots of trouble with Winamp.

I think Winamp went downhill when AOL (they bought Nullsoft in 1999) kept tinkering with Winamp in hopes of monetizing it further.  AOL said they were shutting down the Winamp website and Internet services back in December but just today Radionomy bought Winamp.

I've switched to foobar2000 as well.  Winamp had too many "features" that made it painful to use (I'm looking at you too Adobe ;D).  foobar2000 is written by a developer that used to work at Nullsoft so it has a good heritage.  I agree with thetrout that you might have to tweak it to get it to work the way you like.

foobar2000's developer made a new version of it called Boom that is meant to be easy-to-use.  You might want to check it out:
http://perkele.cc/software/boom

I uploaded Foobar - Much Much better.  My album art is bigger, I like the layout better, and it loads immediately the second I click on a file. Thanks for the help.

That was why I changed. Winamp seemed to take far too long to load files and had a nasty habit of juggling the files around even when they were properly numbered. Annoying.

Buy a FiiO X3 and play them in flac  ;D
As you can gather, I'm delighted with that little player. Shame it doesn't have bluetooth but you can't ask for everything and still afford it.

Back