Are seed ratios accurate?

This isn't a major problem, I'm just curious about something. I have been downloading the Disneyland Paris - The Complete Tour uninterrupted since it was first posted. When I check the Peer(s) List for details, it says I have downloaded 2.00GB, uploaded 2.00GB and my progress is 0% and Ratio is 1.00. But according to uTorrent, I have downloaded 2.18GB, uploaded 11.5GB and my progress is 52.8% and Ratio is 5.289. How can there be such a difference in numbers?

This is probably the result of some sort of communications problem with the site. Closing and opening uTorrent may correct the on-site values, as a report of total activity is sent at that time, but as I have never looked into the code for that aspect of the site, I am not certain.

Check that you don't have a firewall or poor connection that may be intermittingly interrupting communication attempts with the server.

Thanks for the tip. I restarted uTorrent and the Progress indicator jumped to 61% (although the upload, download and ratio reset back to 0.00 ...as I figured they would).

Back