Can anybody recommend a good router?

ahks

I currently have a Netgear MR814 wireless router. It works decent enough, except for the fact that it needs a continuous power down. I need to do this because the router won't, well... route, the the internet connection to the attached computers.

A while ago I found forum posts (at other websites) regarding how to fix this and what firmware to upgrade (or downgrade). I can't find those posts anymore.

I figure it's probably just time to go get a new router. So, what does anyone recommend?

Thanks!

I had a netgear router at first and it was nothing but problems. I ended up switching to a linksys and I'm pretty happy.

I originally was using the router for wireless connectivity. I had a Bering firewall doing the DHCP stuff, port forwarding, etc., and the wireless router just as a WAP.

I have since eliminated the Bering box and I'm using the linksys for everything. I don't quite like how it does port forwarding and whatnot, but it works. I'm going to look into some of the third party firmwares that do things a little more intuitive (at least for me anyway).

I would recommend a linksys to anyone looking for a basic router. It will handle more than what most people need/use, and the support seems to be pretty good for them.

Back