Backing Up Audio

torch22

I have a question, If I back up audio on a blank CD-Rs or DVD, Does the quality ever go bad over time? I know that sounds like a stupid question.

Also if you constantly copy music on your computer to a blank CD-R or copy music from a CD-R or DVD to your computer, does that have a impact on the quality of the audio?

Guess just concern with the audio I have and want to make sure its safe and never loses its quality.

Nope; unlike analog sources, digital music is all 1s and 0s, so it never loses quality.

The only time digital audio will lose quality is if you convert it to other formats; transferring it or copying it wont have any effect.

Physical media (like DVDs and CDs) can be come scratched, which would ruin the information on them, and they deteriorate over a period of several decades, but for the most part your music will be fine.

Actually have another question, When you are trying to clear unwanted music from your computer, itunes and all, what is the best way to go about this? I cleared out unwanted music from Itunes itself however the songs still exist on my computer in other places. Its like when you delete a song from I tunes it actually is not fully deleting it from your computer, just Itunes. I do editing sometimes, and if you delete the wrong file you really may end up deleting something you rather not lol. this is a pain!

Back