Sound OK, but video not

bauton

I have downloaded the DL version of Fantasmic that Dolbyman provided.  I tried using Bittorrent and also ABC to get the video.

I'm using VLC to play the video.  I've also tried playing it with Windows Media Player, and a DVD program.  When it plays, I get the sound just fine, but the video skips.  It will get stuck on one frame, and the movie will play for 10 seconds or so before it gets stuck on another frame.

Am I missing some sort software maybe?  Is there some sort of minimal requirement I'm missing possibly?  Please help!!!

Thanks

Yes, a PC with at least a 3.2 gig processor is recommended for HD I believe (I have a miserable 1.7).
Cyberlink do a neat little tool to test your system at http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/trial/BD_HD_Advisor.exe
It checks your system and gives a table of the results.
It tells more than you need to know but is a good guide to what is below spec.
If you don't meet the specs (mine only passed on one  ;D ), you can always convert it to a more basic form and that should play fine (I usually convert to WMV) on the PC (and with the small screen size, it's not that noticable).
The quality, though not as good, is still better than expected as the source is so good.
I have had to do this with most of the HD videos I have downloaded (although I have kept the originals for when I get a better PC).
They do seem to encode to DVD fine though (Nero) so you could consider this and play them on a dvd player instead.

That's my problem.  Processor not fast enough.  I didn't think to change the format.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks for you help!!!

My P4 1.6 won't play them either, so I use ConvertXtoDVD to change them to DVD (which loses the HD I know), and then burn to disc. On my TV the files look amazing despite losing the HD (since my TV isn't HD either...)

Yes, they look fantastic even after converting them don't they.
They are just as good as any purchased DVD, if not better.
Don't let the fact that you have a slow PC put anyone off.
These videos are so great they keep the quality (in comparison) even when converted for those of us who haven't got HD TVs or players.
A HUGE thanks to those that are providing such great quality videos.
;D

Back