Problem with Fantasyland MP3's

billville

Hello all, this is my first time posting on here. This site is awesome!! I am so glad I found this site....everything is great on here!!

I've got a bit of a problem though and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I downloaded the fantasyland area music - multitrack collection and everything saved okay. The problem is that when I go to play them though win media player it says, "The file you are attempting to play has an invalid extension (.mp3) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior."

So i click on okay to still proceed and play...then it says, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

The same problem occurs from my cd player in my car which plays mp3's. It just skips pastthem because it can't read them. What can I do to fix this problem?

From reading the comments on this torrents page it seems like no one really has had any problems listening to them. Can anyone help at all...pretty please???

Firstly, you have downloaded the actual files and not just the torrent file?
Sorry if that's insulting but is the most common reason people can't play the files - they haven't downloaded them.
If you have downloaded them, check the sizes etc and see if they correspond to the file sizes shown in the information page of the torrent (suggest downloading MP3 info - it adds a right-click option for info and also shows the information in a pop-up when the cursor is over the file in explorer)
Try downloading another mp3 file from here and see if that does the same (may be a fault on the client).
Your PC is telling you that they are not mp3 files. They are and they play fine.
You could try redownloading them in case they were corrupted during transfer or try a different player to check them.

Back