Why cant i view the forum

dreamkiller

Hi I just joined, and validated my acount, but i still cant view the other sections in the forum or download some of the torrents, all i get is 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you'

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance

there is some glitch in the forum/tracker connection .. hope this will be sloved in a future update ..

sorry

Darn... I was hoping that the recent patch fixed that.  I guess not.

I will correct your account for you.

Yeah, I'm getting the same "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you"

What gives?

Unfortunately, SirLamer is the only person able to fix this. Have faith, it will get fixed.

krnelson65 said:
I believe that I am having the same problem.  Any chance of getting it corrected?

Thanks!

SirLamer tried to increase our Admin power, but I am still not able to change your status in the Forum.

We are working on it!

dajatje said:
SirLamer tried to increase our Admin power, but I am still not able to change your status in the Forum.

We are working on it!

Thanks for the information, I will keep checking back.

Kim

I only have access to 3 categories in the forum? Technical Assistance / Instructional Guides / The Mouse on the Screen.. Im a new member here still but I'm sure I saw more before? :) Is this th same issue as above? "FutureImagineer" is having the same issue I believe.

bendebnam said:
I only have access to 3 categories in the forum? Technical Assistance / Instructional Guides / The Mouse on the Screen.. Im a new member here still but I'm sure I saw more before? :) Is this th same issue as above? "FutureImagineer" is having the same issue I believe.

This is indeed the same issue as above. Sorry for the inconvenience.

i seem to be having the same problem- 

i can only view Technical Assistance / Instructional Guides / The Mouse on the Screen and i keep getting the forum off limits message.

if i could get fixed, i'd appreciate it.  :)

thanks,

jds

I'm having the same problem.  Can access only the Technical Assistance / Instructional Guides / The Mouse on the Screen forums.  ???

hi i'm having the same problem - new member, can only see 3 forums, and get error messages when clicking on the forum messages that appear on the left.  thanks -Todd

Would it be worth posting a detailed sticky for this "what to do if you can't see all the forums"?
It may help to post the sequence for joining (ie registration, waiting for the email and replying etc) and then what to do if the "validating" remains (and where to find the status) and the times.
Although there seems to have been problems recently, quite a few are for the missing (probably junked) emails that haven't been replied to.
It's often nice to be able to see what may have gone wrong and who to contact.
Just a thought for saving the admin time.

eyore said:
Would it be worth posting a detailed sticky for this "what to do if you can't see all the forums"?
It may help to post the sequence for joining (ie registration, waiting for the email and replying etc) and then what to do if the "validating" remains (and where to find the status) and the times.
Although there seems to have been problems recently, quite a few are for the missing (probably junked) emails that haven't been replied to.
It's often nice to be able to see what may have gone wrong and who to contact.
Just a thought for saving the admin time.

The problem is a bug in the registering module. The user did get the email and validated. The site is actually two sites in one and the change to full member is not coming through in the Forum. So, not much the user can do about this unfortunately.

It will get fixed in the future, no doubt about it. In the meantime, I will just do my Admin trick when asked.  ;D

Cheers,
Dajatje

Ah, Right.
All this technical stuff........................ ::)
At least people are reading the forum/searching rather than starting new threads. That can't be bad :)
A new case of Pixie Dust required then ;D

I just validated my account and all that, and I too seem to be having the same error when trying to access the forum.  :-\

lostincrowds said:
Hello, this is my first post!  Could you fix me too please?

Thanks!   ;D

You're fixed, but dunno if you're still lost ;)

Welcome to our little community.

FYI, the software developer claims to have fixed this issue with their latest release.  I'll put it on soon.

Ditto here, thought Id try and get my account fixed.  I have 10 gigs or so of music and hopefully I see something in a forum that someone would like to hear.  Right now its all very secret, and my decoder ring isn't helping much. ::)

Please read SirLamer's reply above,
"FYI, the software developer claims to have fixed this issue with their latest release.  I'll put it on soon."
"Soon", being the operative word and this is a recognised problem with the site..
Give him a chance ;D
You will soon be let into all the secrets - you do have your Mouse Ears ready, I hope?

desmoot said:
Ditto here, thought Id try and get my account fixed.  I have 10 gigs or so of music and hopefully I see something in a forum that someone would like to hear.  Right now its all very secret, and my decoder ring isn't helping much. ::)

I secretly fixed your account  ;)

PecosBill said:
Hi there....I'm having the same problem. No rush on getting it fixed, just whenever you have time  ;D

Thanks!

No rush you say??  ??? You are kidding right? You should be anxiously waiting to be able to finally see all the other forum items  ;D

Hello...I too am having the same issue.  When you get a chance can you work your Magic?  Thanks in advance. 

SAV said:
Hello...I too am having the same issue.  When you get a chance can you work your Magic?  Thanks in advance. 

Your problem is different. You have not validated yourself by clicking on the link in the validation email you received. Please check your mail (spam also) and follow instructions.

Hi... I am also have the same problem.  I have validated myself by clicking on the link in the validation email.  I really want to view the other forums.  Can you please help.

Thanks...

mtrotter20 said:
Hi... I am also have the same problem.  I have validated myself by clicking on the link in the validation email.  I really want to view the other forums.  Can you please help.

Thanks...

You're welcome  ;D

Hi, I'm pretty sure that I Validated, but that was a while ago. but I too, just like the rest of the herd can't view the forms.

stitch001 said:
Hi, I'm pretty sure that I Validated, but that was a while ago. but I too, just like the rest of the herd can't view the forms.

Hi,

I am pretty sure you actually can see the forum  ;D

dajatje said:
SAV said:

Your problem is different. You have not validated yourself by clicking on the link in the validation email you received. Please check your mail (spam also) and follow instructions.

I checked the email multiple times and there was no note anywhere.  Can it be re-sent?  Or to a different email?

SAV said:
dajatje said:
SAV said:

I checked the email multiple times and there was no note anywhere.  Can it be re-sent?  Or to a different email?

I send you an email. Please follow instructions.

Back