burning flac files to CD

Can anybody out there help? I downloaded the plug-in for burning FLAC files in NERO, but it still doesn\'t recognize them. (Yes, I did unzip them into the right folder for my version.) I went to the NERO website for help but never got the validation e-mail to register. I then downloaded the plug-in for Winamp and get a message saying the file type extension is not registered with Winamp.

We\'ve had a lot of FLAC files uploaded recently and I enjoy listening to the lossless files, but would like to burn some of them to CD. Does anybody have any suggestions?

mikebrakes said:
Can anybody out there help? I downloaded the plug-in for burning FLAC files in NERO, but it still doesn\'t recognize them. (Yes, I did unzip them into the right folder for my version.) I went to the NERO website for help but never got the validation e-mail to register. I then downloaded the plug-in for Winamp and get a message saying the file type extension is not registered with Winamp.

We\'ve had a lot of FLAC files uploaded recently and I enjoy listening to the lossless files, but would like to burn some of them to CD. Does anybody have any suggestions?

download dBpoweramp and convert them to WAV. This will go very fast. Then drag and drop these onto the CD. I don\'t think NERO has a plugin to convert it directly in the program.

I put the plug-in where it said to put it for my version of Nero. Under Common Files - Ahead - AudioPlugins. I even tried to put it in the place for the other version of Nero. That didn\'t work either so I deleted it.

If you install the FLAC codec properly, you should be able to use them in Nero without any other special add-ons.

mikebrakes said:
I put the plug-in where it said to put it for my version of Nero. Under Common Files - Ahead - AudioPlugins. I even tried to put it in the place for the other version of Nero. That didn\'t work either so I deleted it.

1.Go to file ->options->audio and make sure the plugin directory is set to where you put it

2. Make sure you startup NERO AFTER you put it in there. It will not work if you put it in there while it is already running

I want to leave the Technical Assistance forum open for users who are having trouble with registration. So, we'll see if it happens again.

Back