I want to share!

psimon

This may sound like a silly question.... how do I share more? By that, I mean I have downloaded all of these wonderful files and am willing to make them available for others to grab.

I don\'t want to be a leach! :lol:

All thoughts appreciated!

Paul

Paul,

First of all: Being a leech is really not a problem in our community. There are no penalties for not sharing.

If you still would like to help seed, you are more than welcome to do so. Normally your client should attempt to seed whatever you downloaded, as long as you keep the torrent running even after it finished downloading. What client are you using?

*grabs his pitchfork and a rope*

:devil:

Seriously, though... if you want a higher ratio, simply grab new content as it\'s available, and keep the torrent open on your machine. And like was said, there\'s no penalty for leeching here. :)

*grabs his pitchfork and a rope*

Nonsense! He\'s a leech! GET HIM!

Hmmmm. This kind of talk urges me to take action (being an administrator). What could I do?????

:shutup: or
:shutup2: or even
:hannibal: or finally
:axe:

:lol:

Just fooling around!

Thanks, folks. Until I get the hang of this, though I do see stuff going outbound, I suspect I\'ll be taking more than I give. I do hope to change that soon.

As to the software I am using, it is Bittorrent.

How do I \"keep the torrent open\"?

If I were to try one of the other packages I have seen, do I need to shut this software down, or can more than one package run at the same time?

Thanks... Paul

I would recommend that you switch to Azureus if you want to keep seeding the files that you download. Just google it.

As far as on Bittorrent, I\'m assuming it opens a separate window for each file being downloaded. If you want to keep seeding those files, just don\'t close them after they finish downloading. However, Azureus is way easier. I\'ve also heard good things about Utorrent.

nelsonj3 said:
I would recommend that you switch to Azureus if you want to keep seeding the files that you download. Just google it.

As far as on Bittorrent, I\'m assuming it opens a separate window for each file being downloaded. If you want to keep seeding those files, just don\'t close them after they finish downloading. However, Azureus is way easier. I\'ve also heard good things about Utorrent.

Like the original post-er, I\'d love to help seed. But I\'m a) totally new to torrents and b) on a mac.

I\'m using Tomato Torrent. Anyone know anything about this? Should it work the same way?

Back