Uploading Disney Audio Torrents to MouseBits?

Hello all,

I have been an avid downloader of the torrents here for quite some time now, but never have contributed to the community with my collections of Disney Park audio. I don't want to seem like a total "dumbo" but I was wondering how I could go about uploading my music files to MouseBits if it's even a possibility for a user like me...  :-\

Thanks,
Dream-Finder

Only those with upload privileges can upload new torrents to the site. This is a form of quality control, if you will, to make sure that new uploads are meaningful and follow the site rules.

To get upload privileges, you have to prove that you have some sort of content that's worth uploading- something that's on topic (theme parks) and follows the site rules (nothing commercially available!) and that isn't on the site already. If you have things to share you can create a thread with a link to the file(s) posted on a free hosting site such as YouSendIt or SendSpace. If you are deemed a useful contributor to the site it's likely you'll be offered Upload priveleges.

Of course, the other thing you can do is to have an uploaded upload the content to a torrent for you- either by posting a thread as above or contacting them individually.

Do you consider the old 50th Anniversary Musical History of Disneyland to be commercially available?  Some are selling it on Amazon for an expensive price.  I found two active torrents yesterday that I'd like to share.  I haven't listened yet, but it's supposed to include various bits of music from around the park.  One torrent gave me mp3s with all the album info intact.  They other gave me all the music files, with no info.  WMP should be able to find the album info though.

The rule of thumb is regarding the individual tracks rather than the compilation on the album.
The high prices usually relate to the actual album, rather than what's on it.
Tracks are often re-used on new albums so, for instance, if track XYZ was on an early discontinued album and is re-issed on a new album, that rules out posting the first album although individual tracks which are no longer available could be posted. I've uploaded an album minus the available tracks on more than one occasion.
So, in answer to your question, the 50th, if some tracks are available on current albums, wouldn't be allowed, but some individual tracks may be.

eyore said:
The rule of thumb is regarding the individual tracks rather than the compilation on the album.
The high prices usually relate to the actual album, rather than what's on it.
Tracks are often re-used on new albums so, for instance, if track XYZ was on an early discontinued album and is re-issed on a new album, that rules out posting the first album although individual tracks which are no longer available could be posted. I've uploaded an album minus the available tracks on more than one occasion.
So, in answer to your question, the 50th, if some tracks are available on current albums, wouldn't be allowed, but some individual tracks may be.
I think the Rainbow Caverns Mine Train Track for example, is on the 50th Anniversary set, but it's also on the 2005 DLR OA and The 50th Anniversary copulation compilation (but I think they are cut differently from the 50th Anniversary set version.)

Timekeeper

If I recall, the Rainbow Caverns track on the 50th Set was a full ridethrough, while on the Official Albums was just the cavern music by itself.

I really do hope Timekeeper meant compilation there  ::)
A typo a day keeps the doctor away.

eyore said:
I really do hope Timekeeper meant compilation there  ::)
A typo a day keeps the doctor away.
Fixed.  ;D
Well, if it was just the caverns music, which were (and still are) available, couldn't some of the ride-thoughs be posted?  The Rainbow Caverns and It's A Small World tracks for example, are just ridethoughs and not album singles, like on the Resort OAs.

Timekeeper

Back