Not Receiving Notification Emails

AriRel

I stopped receiving emails about topic notifications. I checked to see if anything was unmarked for the notification settings, and it everything is marked off.

I am working on this issue as I have been for the past couple of days.  I am not sure what is causing the problem but I can see that some mail servers are rejecting the e-mails.  I think I have found the problem tonight but the best I can do is give it some time and see if we stop getting rejection replies.

Basically, the e-mails are not going out with the mousebits.com domain as they should, but rather a LAN server name.  Some mail servers look up domain names to make sure they're not spam mail, and since this funny LAN URL is not registered they are rejecting the e-mails.  As far as I know, the mail service with the website is working fine, the issue is with other mail services rejecting the e-mail.

Just an update.

We haven't had any bounced e-mails for a couple days so this fix seems to be working well.

Another update.

AT&T is blocking e-mails from our site.  They seem to think we are a source for spam mail.  I sent a support ticket to them to resolve this.  However, other issues related to that wrong domain in the e-mails has been resolved.

AT&T will unblock emails from mousebits in 1 to 2 days.

All this stuff might be why we had troubles before the move, except I didn't have the ability to look up the error messages on the shared server. Hopefully this will ultimately work better than it did before the move.

To further avoid future issues, I have completely changed how e-mails are sent out.  Seeing as how we are somehow being flagged as a spam source by some e-mail services, and having learned about yet another wonderful Google service, invite e-mails are now sent out through Google's Gmail service but with our own mousebits.com domain.

Back