Getting a dvd to play

Hey everyone.  I was hoping I could get through this without having to ask any tech questions but...no such luck :D

I downloaded a couple DVD things (WDW 25th Ann. vol. 1 & 2).  I tried to play one on my vlc player but no can do.  When I double clicked on it, it automatically brought up Nero (which I didn't even know I had!) to burn it.  So I found a blank DVD & popped it in & it's now in the process.  But can you not watch them on your computer first to see if you want to burn it to DVD or is this the only way to watch one?

right an iso is an image file of a dvd , which you need to burn to a dvd with nero etc

if you want to look inside an iso you need isobuster

Thanks for the quick responses.  Looks like I'm going to have to teach myself something new  :-\  I'm not so great at learning new being an old dog & all that.

Btw, are ISO files the only ones I need to do this with when it comes to DVDs?  And is there a way to see what type of file something is before I download it?

yes, just look for the extension.
it may say mp3, iso etc in the torrent description but look forr the "show/hide files" on  the same page (if you click in that, it will show what files are in the torrent including the extensions).

As an  ISO file is an image of a DVD (not an actual DVD yet) prepared ready for burning and isn't like  other files so, yes. Other files like avi etc will just play.

Back