mp4 converter (free)? :)

Can anyone recommend a decent & free program to convert an mp4 file to burn to dvd.  I just can't watch dvds in my office when I have a big tv & comfy couch downstairs, lol.  I have downloaded two different supposed free ones & on both gone through the process & get to the point of burning but if you don't at that point buy the program then you get a watermark in the middle of the screen.  I just wish it would tell you that before you download it! I appreciate any help or suggestions :)

I use a pay program called ConvertXtoDVD, worth every penny.  I didn't like the all in one conversion programs at first, but latly they have been pretty good.

As I mentioned in other threads, I don't do a lot of this anymore, I ended up building a HTPC that has been able to output just about any format I throw at it natively.  No more wasted DVDs, time to convert, etc.  I stream it right off where ever I have it saved.
Martin's Horizons Ultimate Tribute on a 55" LCD never looked so good! One complaint is there is never any surround sound track!  You hear that Martin!?  ;D  5.1 is fine...

I'm fairly sure you can use Nero to burn mp4s as a DVD (possibly with a plug-in) if you already have that.
Super should enable you to convert to a format you can burn with whatever you have at the moment (I think).
Personally, I bough a program to convert stuff and I found it well worth the money and a good investment and better and faster than any free stuff available.

I use a program called Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter. Free and it works pretty good. Then you can burn the AVI to DVD.

Thanks everyone. I'll try those free ones mike & mradam recommended & if those don't work then I'll want opinions on ones to buy! lol :)

Back