Help- cannot Seed

I use BitTorrent and all of my torrents download, but do not seed, even in the cases where seedeing is most likely to occur. Can somebody help me? i would like to be able to seed any torrents i download from now on

The tracker decides who it seeds from. Maybe the files are just not needed at that moment or the tracker has enough seeds before it gets to you.
I often have rather obvious stuff that seems to be wanted but it's not seeding (even though it's showing seeds and peers in brackets).
Nothing you can do about it provided your client shows that it is seeding (rather than someone is downloading from you). I use uTorrent which, I believe, is the same as Bittorrent to use.
Mousebits doesn't worry about whether you seed or not so don't worry about it. There just isn't anything you can do about it really.
I don't know how the tracker picks who to seed from (or why it picks someone with a low upload speed over someone with a higher speed).
I take it firewalls etc are set to downloads and uploads (if there is a choice) and the options in Bittorrent are not set somehow to disable uploading?

Have any of the torrents ever seeded at all? The most likely time to seed is with a popular file that's just been uploaded with many seeds but few peers immediately after the download completes. If not, that could indicate a problem somewhere if it's happening over a long period of time.
Do let us know.

Back