Download Speeds

G

This is my first real expirience with torrents and I\'m trying to download a 4GB torrent for the second time. The first time it said it would take two plus weeks to download and I shut it off at 20.3% doanloaded due to the fact I didn\'t want to leave my computer on while I was out of town for several days.

Now I\'ve started again from scratch and have gottent to 74.3% in 1 day and 15hrs but am now being told that it will still take up two 2 days and 20hrs to download.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Not really. I`m downloading the Magic Kingdom Gold collection, have been for 3 days, and have an ETA of 4d 23h left.

Several things can vary your dl speed;

Your connection
Your dl speed and ul/dl ratio
How many seeders are seeding
The seeders connection and u/l speed (usually a lot slower than their u/l speed)

Also, as seeders come and go, and connection speeds vary your ETA will vary too.

Newer torrents take longer to dl too since only one person may be seeding the complete video. As more leechers get more parts of a seed, the overall dl speed will increase, in theory upto a point where each leacher has the same ammount of completed torrent. Then dl speeds will drop again as the elusive final parts of the torrent are downloaded to everyone.

Java said:
Now I\'ve started again from scratch and have gottent to 74.3% in 1 day and 15hrs but am now being told that it will still take up two 2 days and 20hrs to download.
BTW, if it was the same torrent, there was probably no reason to have started it from scratch -- you can just continue it where you left off.

Back