Seeding and Leecher Number Question

I\'m using uTorrent and when I am downloading a file, in the seeding and leeching columns they have the number of people who are doing those. Alot of the files are like 0(10) or something like that. What is the number inbetween the () mean and is there anyway that I can download off those people or is the normal?

The 0 (10) means that there are ten seeders, of which you are connected to 0. Can you connect to them? Possibly. Will you? It\'s hard to say. You can\'t force your client to connect to any one seed. (At least not that I\'m aware of) That tracker is telling your client that there are 10 people who are seeding the file. Now its possible that they have already hit their limit for connections, which is why you can\'t connect to them. It\'s also possible that you are both behind firewalls and you don\'t have your router/firewall set up correctly. Either one of those can cause you to not connect. If you just let your client run long enough it will keep trying to connect. It\'s also possible that if they are listed in the peer column, that the user has not parts to the torrent that you need. So it won\'t connect. Hope that helps.

Back