Changing Song Info on iTunes Is Corrupting My Music

missbounce

Hi Guys

Not sure if one of you may be able to help me - I have downloaded quite a bit of Theme Park Audio through this site, using BitTorrent.  The files have downloaded fine and I've had no issue in importing them in to iTunes so that I can Sync them to my iPod.  However, I'm starting to get a big issue with the music files stuttering at the beginning of the track, whenever I try to amend the song data.  If I try to amend any of the MetaData, artwork, etc, the files seem to get corrupted. The first couple of seconds of the track stutter/jog and quite often, the information I've tried to change, doesn't 'stick' so I end up having to repeat the job.  As soon as I click on the track to play it again, the information reverts back to the original MetaData from when I downloaded it and then the stuttering kicks in.  The file it's self seems to be corrupted, as whatever program I play it in (iTunes, WMP, etc), the MetaData has reverted to original the music stutters.

Any suggestions, as I'm sad to have so much of my lovely Disney audio get messed up.  I'm less concerned about the MetaData, but hate that the music it's self is getting ruined.

Thanks!

Couple of other things.
Where you ever able to alter the stuff and have the playback OK? (You say "starting to get" which may suggest that you did it before without any problems).
In the meantime, I'd suggest (if you really have to alter things) copying your files to keep "master" copies somewhere safe (like data on a CD or DVD). That way you can just replace the file from the disc if it gets corrupted.
Not having anything beginning with an "i" (well, I have iTunes in case I need to buy something but I don't use it for anything else) I'm not too sure about changing stuff and the problems it can cause.
Oh, what version of iTunes are you using and what data are you changing?
Lastly, I presume you have scanned the PC for a virus or malware?

Just out of curiosity, how old is the drive the music plays off of on the PC? A few years back the HDD on a machine was starting to go and music playback would get stuttering during it.

Back