Tech Help!

JPWDW

Happy holidays to everyone and merry Christmas. I have a question I need to solve ... NVM sorry. I don't know how to delete post. I solved the issue myself.
-----------
Alright guys, very funny! Here's a question I need to solve:

I need to generate a printable .pdf document using only javacript. I have a .html webpage that lets users fill in some forms. After filling the forms they should be able to click print webpage button and a pdf (of the forms webpage including images and everything) pops up to download or view. Anyone knows how to do this?

You can't delete posts, only edit them.
I usually just add an Edit: at the bottom and leave them as they are so we know what they were about (being such a nosey lot)  ;D

Alright guys, very funny! Here's a question I need to solve:

I need to generate a printable .pdf document using only javacript. I have a .html webpage that lets users fill in some forms. After filling the forms they should be able to click print webpage button and a pdf (of the forms webpage including images and everything) pops up to download or view. Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks!

I don't know of any JavaScript libraries that would do this.  You're looking to do client side scripting to generate a PDF.  Not the best way to accomplish this if possible.

I've used a few server side packages to do this, none are intuitive.  Working with postscript is a PITA...

You might have one luck with a separate style sheet for the print media type.  You can style all the form fields and position them as necessary.  Most important browsers support this these days.

Thanks kirky! I did what you mentioned. It worked! Turns out there is a javascript for prining using a Html form. Worked perfectly!

Back