Converting ISO files

ChrisLyndon

I am trying to figure out how to convert an ISO file into an MP3 file. Does anyone know how to do this. I tried to figure it out myself by looking on line, but all I got were ads.

an iso file is an image. it only has one track (everything gets merged into the one file) so you can't extract anything from it (as it isn't made up of several files any more) - you'll need to burn it (or possibly mount it?) first and then look for the files you want.
Is it an iso file of an audio CD or DVD or a game disc?

it is an iso file saved to my hard drive -it is not a DVD or CD - the info you sent is only to convert it directly from an original DVD or CD - not a file already saved to my computer. Does VLC player do this?

---- Disregard the above, I figured it out. Had to buy a program, but it was not expensive, and I need it for future use anyway.

I generally just mount an iso file onto a virtual drive (handy as it also does blu-ray ) direct from my hard drive. If the files are there, you can rip them from it by opening the mounted ISO in file explorer (copy and paste). I presume it would work for mp3 files anyway, never tried.

You can buy utilities like MagicISO, UltraISO, and PowerISO which can extract files directly from an ISO file without the need to mount the ISO.

Virtual CloneDrive is free and lets you mount ISO images, which is the workflow that eyore uses.

Back