Upload Privilege request

onetimeuse

Hello!  I've been a user of this site for years, and finally have something that I can share.  I just received the 2013 Disney Vacation planning dvd, and have ripped it to an 8gb iso file.  Is it possible to get upload privileges?

You need to contact a mod, tell them what you have and ask.
They probably don't read all the forums every day.

Is it blu-ray? Seems a large file for a standard DVD - isn't that around 4Gb? Just curious as it's an exact copy. Or is it double-layer or something like that? I wouldn't be able to download it and make a copy as I'm stuck to single layer standard DVD :(

I don't have the facility for burning dual layer so I don't download them. I prefer watching these on the TV rather than the PC. Shame as I don't think they send them to the UK. Still, that's my problem.

Yes, you first download the ISO and extract its contents or more simply, mount the ISO in a virtual drive.  The directions in that guide are pretty clear but perhaps too specific so the overall idea behind the process is not obvious.

What you are doing is copying some of the DVD9's VOB files to a new DVD5 image.  If a VOB is too large, you blank the latter parts (cells) of that VOB so it does fit.  On the second disc, you blank the cells that did fit on the first disc and copy over the remaining cells (i.e., the ones that you had to blank for the first disc).  Presto, you have split that VOB across two single-layer DVDs.  I prefer this manual process over software that does it automatically because I have control over where the split happens.  And this software is FREE ;).

The guide also mentions PGCEdit which is another FREE piece of software that lets you edit the underlying structure of a DVD.  I use it to tweak the structure of the DVDs that my combo VCR/DVD burner creates (I delete the menus, previews, etc.).  PGCEdit is more complex to use than VobBlanker but that's to be expected because it has a more complex to perform :D.

I was thinking the ISO could be shrinked to a single layer DVD, which keeps the menus intact but does harm quality. But since 2012 was a dual layer already, why not just post this one. I will give you uploader right.

Back