Uploading Privilege Request

D

disfan0318

Hey all!

I don't know how to properly ask to upload a torrent here on Mousebits, so I thought I was in need of 'Technical Service" ;)

I wanted to upload a Disney Dreams! Collection. It would consist of:

- Disney Dreams! Full Show Source
- Disney Dreams! Full Show Source/w live edited "Friend Like Me" segment
- Disney Dreams! Exit Music (W/ Announcements)

The validity of this collection is 100% legitimate. Don't believe me? Check out my Disney Dreams! Exit Music forum with a link :) And yes, this full source audio; not the audio from the webcast. There is no audience clapping, cheering etc. (Except in the live file)

Have a magical day!

You have to request permission from one of the moderators of this site. Send them a private email, and they will get back to you. Sometimes it takes a couple days to do this.

You have privileges. I must add that Dreams audio will hit the web soon anyway, its nearly a year old, and should a CD be released this torrent will be removed.

Does your source have the Genie saying thank you for riding the magic carpet in it or is there a few seconds of silence at the end of that track?

eyore said:
Does your source have the Genie saying thank you for riding the magic carpet in it or is there a few seconds of silence at the end of that track?

The edited version does. The edited version is a live/source mix.

Hmmm. I have what is supposed to be the source recording of this from a good contact/source and it has the silence at the end of the track where that fits in.
If I recall, the original screening of Dreams also missed out this section so possible I have the original version?
Any insight on this Martin?

eyore said:
Hmmm. I have what is supposed to be the source recording of this from a good contact/source and it has the silence at the end of the track where that fits in.
If I recall, the original screening of Dreams also missed out this section so possible I have the original version?
Any insight on this Martin?

That's the one I have.

Ah right. So the actual source omits the magic carpet section (which probably comes from another separate feed, not the actual soundtrack of Dreams  which you have edited into the main section). Looks like I do have the real thing then.

eyore said:
Ah right. So the actual source omits the magic carpet section (which probably comes from another separate feed, not the actual soundtrack of Dreams  which you have edited into the main section). Looks like I do have the real thing then.

The actual source track I have includes the instrumental Friend Like Me part followed by silence, then the next segment. The file with source/live mix is the source track, with a clean, live recording of Friend Like Me once they added lyrics.

I'm not convinced that the Robin Williams segment is actually part of the source audio. It's odd to have a source with instrumental only and then a second version with the voice whilst others remain the same. Why would they have two sources? Puzzling this. As we know, the preview (that was broadcast) also omitted this part. I'm sure there is a story here. Seems excessive work to redo it because it wasn't ready and rather remiss of Disney for such an important event. I'm wondering if the vocal was synched from an alternative feed (the control box is pretty high tech) It also begs the question why the music version is leaking out amongst people but the vocal version isn't?
May be a flight of fancy on my part but an audio (music only) track playing from the source album with the vocal part added during the show from a second source (via the same speakers) sounds plausible to me (rather than re-doing the whole thing). Be great if someone knew the answer. Just seems so odd.

eyore said:
I'm not convinced that the Robin Williams segment is actually part of the source audio. It's odd to have a source with instrumental only and then a second version with the voice whilst others remain the same. Why would they have two sources? Puzzling this. As we know, the preview (that was broadcast) also omitted this part. I'm sure there is a story here. Seems excessive work to redo it because it wasn't ready and rather remiss of Disney for such an important event. I'm wondering if the vocal was synched from an alternative feed (the control box is pretty high tech) It also begs the question why the music version is leaking out amongst people but the vocal version isn't?
May be a flight of fancy on my part but an audio (music only) track playing from the source album with the vocal part added during the show from a second source (via the same speakers) sounds plausible to me (rather than re-doing the whole thing). Be great if someone knew the answer. Just seems so odd.

Well download the pack and take a listen.

eyore, do you have reference audio recordings of "Dreams", hopefully of both left and right audio channels/sides of the central plaza?

Unfortunately not an audio recording. I made a reference video of it but couldn't get near any speakers (packed with people).  However, looking at the video, it does seem that the Genie voice sounds more distant than, say, the next track of "Out There" which sounds pretty central. I filmed from the right hand side (facing the castle) actually at the start of Discoveryland. The music for the Genie sounds pretty central to me but the vocal is way off to the left. That being said, the tracks for Peter and Wendy are fine and wave examination shows the source to be genuine Stereo. Is it possible to have more than two stereo tracks (like 5:1) with the Genie being on another of the tracks - say a central track - (and therefore missing when the 2:1 stereo is used?
It just seems odd that (as far as I can tell), the Genie segment is the only one that differs.
Shame I didn't record it the second time I watched (had a night off and just watched it rather then via the camera screen) as that was central but too many kids on shoulders (I'm not that tall)!

Might there be two versions of the Genie scene based on rights issues with using Robin Williams' voice?  Disney was okayed with having that in the show, but not to telecast/broadcast it... and they may have released a source audio version with the line removed for the television/radio stations that were covering the premier if they needed to use it.  Therefore, the one version that has leaked...

Their other press CDs have done similar things -- the "representative music" for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster sure wasn't Aerosmith.

That's possible, I suppose. It wasn't used in the broadcast  versions so maybe someone got hold of that copy. I have no doubts that it came from someone within DLRP. Of course, we are also assuming that the audio for the show is on a cd which it probably isn't so it may be possible to add/remove various aspects of it with the tech that's available now.  Not unreasonable that there may be several individual feeds going into the speakers and sounding together I suppose. That's how they do things to make a master after all.

Especially now that they are doing shows that can easily swap out one portion for another... the likelyhood that shows like that are "running off a CD" are slim.  Having Genie's voice just not be there for one run is probably just as easy as muting a track in Garageband.  Click, and he's gone temporarily.

RocketRodsXPR said:
Might there be two versions of the Genie scene based on rights issues with using Robin Williams' voice?  Disney was okayed with having that in the show, but not to telecast/broadcast it... and they may have released a source audio version with the line removed for the television/radio stations that were covering the premier if they needed to use it.  Therefore, the one version that has leaked...

Their other press CDs have done similar things -- the "representative music" for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster sure wasn't Aerosmith.

I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding a royalty issue.  It might be possible to reinsert Robin Williams using audio from the film and OST - beyond my capability!

and we wonder why source is so hard to obtain now. Ah for the days when the CM used to borrow the tape/CD overnight and copy it!
The days of mono park speakers will soon be a thing of the past. That's going to be fun for induction recordings!

Back