Problems with mp4

Hey guys,

After downloading a few of the recent contributions encoded in mp4 (namely Disney MGM Studios Theme Park- The Dream Comes True), I\'ve been unable to open the file. I\'m on a Mac and thought that Quicktime was supposed to open .mp4s without issue. However, everytime I try to open it, I get an error message saying \"Error Opening Movie. The movie could not be opened.\" I have the lastest verion of Quicktime and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unfortunately, quick time will not play these types of videos. You might need to look up a player for mac that will, using the coding info provided by the person who put up the file. I have been able to play them on a Nero Showtime player. And other have said they can play them on iTunes. If you have iTunes, see if that will work first before you start downloading a bunch of programs.

Quicktime will play most mpeg4 files. When it comes to H.264, quicktime will play certain ones but not others. Some of the h.264 encoders on pcs use features of the codec quicktime has not implemented yet.

You can use VLC\'s Player to play those and just about any other video you might have.

Thanks for the replies to help out! :)

My latest files play for me in Quicktime (except Project Florida) after numerous tests and settings changes in the encoder.
Yes, the previous ones would not play. :-/

I have verified this with a couple of MAC users also.

I am trying! :crazy:

Back