Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for Mac & Linux for $1

My god that looks so complicated. I use two programs to edit my music - I am attaching two screenshots so you all can see how I work...

The main program I use is called WavePad - the older versions of this can be downloaded for free. But the most current version costs around 75.00 for lifetime access.

The other program I use is called Audacity which is totally free. I use this program to do just a couple things that WavePad will not do, or does not do very well.

Both programs are like the back of my hand to me now, would not want to learn something new that looks so complicated.

Attachments

• WavePad.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Audacity.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 33
Reviews of Ardour (the author is British ;) ) say Ardour does have a steep learning curve.  I tried Adobe Audition for a few days and it took too long (i.e., more than 15 mins., a rule I learned at work) to figure out how to do something so I looked for other DAW software.  I saw some positive reviews for Cockos REAPER so I tried it and I understood how to do most of the things I needed in less than 15 mins. :D.

A manufacturer of mixing consoles took the Ardour code and wrote their own DAW:
Harrison Mixbus
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/website/

Audacity seems a popular choice (I still struggle with it badly) but I do use it to compare the waveforms to ID stuff - which I can just about manage. I do have adobe but it's far too complicated for a country yokel like me. Aaaaaaar he says chewing a straw and adjusting his smock.

Attachments

• yokels.jpg
    yokels.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 28
  • cletus.jpg
    cletus.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 32
I still can't handle audacity. I need a good multitrack layout for my editing. I use Soundtrack Pro(And am VERY unhappy it's discontinued at this point). It lets me easily align tracks with others or themselves to loop and synchronize to my satisfaction.

i.e. for a parade such as the spectromagic video I just reuploaded to youtube, *plug ;)*,
i'll do all the grunt work of looping and synchronizing all of the individual tracks in one project and then in my video edit it's a simple matter of laying them out and fading in and out as the parade goes along.

Back