Converting from .MOD to .AVI or .MPG

OK, here\'s my latest problem. I had purchased a JVC Hard Drive Camcorder (GZ-MG77U) to use during my WDW vacation. The files on the camcorder have an .MOD extension, which I\'ve never heard of before. I did a google search for \"MOD to AVI\" and a few people had recommended just changing the .MOD to .MPG but when I tried that, the video plays fine but without audio. Others suggested using Cyberlink PowerDirector, but I have the \"Express\" version and it doesn\'t seem to work. Finally, someone suggested (after changing it to .MPG) editing it in Pinnacle Studio9, but when I did that I was directed to the Pinnacle web site in order to PAY for an additional codec (and frankly, I\'m tired of paying Pinnacle money everytime I try to use their program).

Anybody have any other suggestions?

what does the manual of the camcorder say ? ... there must surely be a way to use these files .. else those camcorders are kinda useless -_-

The MOD files have Dolby Digital sound, so you may need a Dolby import filter installed on your computer.

The camera is supposed to come with a bundled, simple editor but I am not sure if it is capable of exporting to what you need.

ahh so it\'s an ac3 track involved (I guess 2.0).. hmm sony vegas should work fine .. :)

Back