Am I getting this right?

Hi. I\'m new here and have only the littlest clue to what is going on. Please tell me if I have these facts straight.:)

So leechers are people who download many videos/music clips and hardly share any at all.
The seeders are people who also download videos/music but actually share the information back so more people can download it faster.

BASICALLY, all you have to do is get a program that can open where the Torrents tell them to go, and you can get your download right away then?

Also, do you have to use the IRC chat to recieve files?

Thank you so much to anyone that answers. I\'ve started to search the boards for information, so I guess I\'m slowely figuring stuff out!:D

Welcome, DDD!

I think there are some \"how to do it\" tutorials in the forums here, but you\'ve basically got it. I highly recommend downloading the program uTorrent to grab the torrents and downloads.

and you\'ll need plenty of storage space once you start looking around and seeing all the great stuff that can be found around here.

have fun!

MarsHunter said:
Welcome, DDD!

I highly recommend downloading the program uTorrent to grab the torrents and downloads.

have fun!

Ok thanks! I was just about to ask what people recommended for a torrent program.

So leechers are people who download many videos/music clips and hardly share any at all.
The seeders are people who also download videos/music but actually share the information back so more people can download it faster.

from the term mabe yes but on this site it\'s like this:

leecher (downloader with incomplete download)
seeder (completed download and still sharing the file)

BASICALLY, all you have to do is get a program that can open where the Torrents tell them to go, and you can get your download right away then?

you download from the site members and other people download from you thats p2p

Also, do you have to use the IRC chat to recieve files?

no but most of the files here are also on my irc server

dolbyman said:
no but most of the files here are also on my irc server

Dolby, are you referring to Disney-Central - or do you have your own IRC server?

I haven\'t been on #Disney-Central in yonks - I thought it was pretty much down and out.

I had one more quick question. I downloaded ABC as my client program. Does it matter what drive you run it on?
Our C drive is basically full, so we\'re going to put it on our F drive because it still has a lot of space on it. Is that ok, or does it not even matter at all?

It does not really matter where you install your client. What matters the most is where you tell your client to put the files it downloads.

By the way, \"leecher\" isn\'t meant to be a derogitory term, it just means that you\'re not done downloading the file yet. We have no requirement of anyone to maintain a certain seed-leech ratio.

I just ran into a problem and I don\'t know whats happening. I was able to download a Splash Mountain audio file fine yesterday, and today I tried to download the Soarin\' queue audio loop. It started to download and then slowely the DL dropped down to 0.00KB. Then it said it would be done in two and a half days!?!
I have ABC, anyone know what\'s wrong?

If nobody is seeding, or you can\'t connect to the seeders, then yea, it will drop to very slow transfer rates.

Just a guess...

kirky said:
If nobody is seeding, or you can\'t connect to the seeders, then yea, it will drop to very slow transfer rates.

Just a guess...

It says there are currently 8 seeders though for the Soarin queue music torrent.

DisneyDellsDude said:
kirky said:

Just a guess...

It says there are currently 8 seeders though for the Soarin queue music torrent.
There might be seeders, but if you can\'t connect to them, then they do you no good. When seeding, you can specify a certain number of leechers can connect, etc. Those limits could be reached, they may have maxed their bandwidth, etc.

I\'ve found with torrents, patience is a virtue.

Back