MouseBits > Technical Assistance

Explain induction recording

<< < (3/10) > >>

dolbyman:
depends on the electronics..sometimes even uncompressed wave recordings sound bad when the A/D converter and signal processing is cheap

I guess you ust have to try it

kirky:
Induction doesn't work in the line in port on devices.  Induction pickups work on the mic-in, so that will probably NOT work.  I honestly haveen't tried it, but I think you will need to power the induction mic to work, and that sortof defeats the purpose of using the speaker's magnetic/electronic signals to record.

By mp3 player do you mean iPod?  I've been meaning to try mine to record, but I just haven't gotten the time to work with Podzilla.  I'm thinking there are other ways to get an iPod to record (4th gen) but now that I have my minidisc recorder, it's been a little tough to justify the time.

All induction pickups will introduce some "noise", be it the normal induction hum, as I like to call it) or other interference.  YOu'll need to clean it up regardless, however in theory, WAV should give you a better starting point, but I've seen 320 kbps MP3 clean up very nicely, and I'm using ATRAC 256 on my recordings and I think they sound great as well.

dolbyman:

--- Quote ---Induction doesn't work in the line in port on devices.  Induction pickups work on the mic-in, so that will probably NOT work.  I honestly haveen't tried it, but I think you will need to power the induction mic to work, and that sortof defeats the purpose of using the speaker's magnetic/electronic signals to record.
--- End quote ---

thought induction devices work wih some small blackbox converting it to highpass line in -_-

kirky:
That's not how I do it.  I plug it right into the mic in on my recorder.  I use a battery box for my microphones though.  I haven't tried to do that with the induction pickup.

SamH:
So I'll be going to WDW in 4 weeks and I want to record some music...Does anyone know where to get a good induction device (or something to limit the background noises) at a fair price? I've been looking around for a while and couldn't find what I was looking for. And if possible, would any devices would work well recording music from the ceiling too?
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version