Viewing HD WMV on non-HD system

Avalon

So I've been seeing an increase of the number of HD videos that have been uploaded lately (for example, Dolbyman's Fantasmic vid). The content interests me, but I'm a bit concerned about the "HD" label. Does this mean that I'm going to have trouble viewing it on my regular, plain ol' CRT - or perhaps, if I stream it to my Xbox360 (which is also analog)? Or does it merely mean that the source video is of greater quality, and if I happened to have a HD system, I'd receive an added benefit.

Thanks for the help!

the last one is it .. you can view it in HD if you have HD components attached to the player but you can also view it on a normal TV

just be sure your player has enough power to play those files :)

If you're watching it on the computer, you'll have no problem at all - computer monitors have been "hi-def" almost since their inception. If you wanna watch it on a regular (non-HD) TV, though, you'll lose the spiffy picture quality as it'll just end up down-res'd from 1080i to 480p.

for the purposes of downloads you see on here, the HD label is going to indicate the video's resolution size. most likely it means the video is 1920x1080(sometimes it might mean 1280x720). That's probably bigger than your screen's resolution, but your computer isn't like your tv.. when you open it it'll likely show the window as being so big it overflows off of the screen. In this case, the parts you do see are in their true HD size. But you're probably going to scale it to full screen or smaller, in which case you're not seeing it in HD size but you're still seeing a better quality picture than had the same exact thing been recorded in standard def.

Back