uTorrent not dl anything

DarMar106

hey guys I've been trying to dl a torrent, buts it's giving me read, so as a test I tried to dl something with alot of seeders, still nothing, anyone got any solutions?

Are you at a school? I know that a lot of them have started to really crack down on blocking a LOT of connections including torrents and a few others....

I don't suppose there's any workaround for that, then? I just got to school and suddenly utorrent isn't doing anything when it was working fine at home (albiet with dial-up). I suspect my school is trying to filter torrents.

Try enabling the encryption settings in your torrent program (if it has them). Some throttling technology needs to see the contents of the packets so it knows how to throttle them. If it can't make it out, then it might let them through.

On the other hand, if it can't make them out, it's possible they just don't let them through. Depends on the mood of your network administrator.

Another suggestion, try changing the ports. You won't have port forwarding set up (unless you are real good friends with the network admin) but if you pick another non-default port, it can helps your chances of getting through. But without port forwarding set up correctly, you may be outta luck. Without port forwarding, you can only connect users who do have port forwarding set up. So say approx 50% of torrent users are now on school campuses (who knows the real number) that means that many people are now unable to fully share their data to their ability and are leeching off of that many less connections. One of the downsides of torrents.

Back