Preferred Client software

Eisnerisevil

I know this might be a tricky questions, but I was wondering if there was a suggested client software. I\'m currently using BitTorrent, but it doesn\'t seem to allow me to fully both download and seed a file at the same time. For example once I\'ve finished downloading a file it shares it for a specified amount of time. No problem. But once that amount of time has passed (or share ratio) it seems to go into a holding bin where it\'s not shared again.

If I set it to share indefinately, it never moves onto the next download. So it seems to only work with one file at a time. I\'m used to FileDonkey where you can download and share a bunch of different files at the same time. Is there a BT clients that works like that? Or does the whole BT system work differently?

Please forgive my noobiness, but I don\'t want to be just a leech. I\'m new to torrents and I do want to help by sharing the seeds as well.

I prefer Azureus overall, but sometimes it leaves me scratching my head. They redid the GUI for some things and maybe it\' still taking me a while to figure it out.

It\'s been my choice for a while now. I would say about 50% of the people use it, the ther 50% is a mix. At least that\'s what I\'ve seen connected to me.

I use Azureus and have had no problems, uploading or download (whether single or multiple torrents at once). You should give it a try.

I used ABC at first and also had no problems. I only switched to Azureus because there was a posting with instructions on how to upload with this software. Either one works well.

I am using Azureus, mainly because it runs on Windows and Linux (because it\'s Java). I like it very much so far.

I use AZ at first but sucked up a LOT of CPU usage and if your Java gets messed up, look out. I switched to uTorrent and have not looked back.

nowisthetime

I use ABC but I don\'t quite understand it. After it finishes downloading the file it says seeding for a while and then complete. Am I supposed to do something else after that to allow it to be shared or whatever? Even if I leave ABC running after it finishes seeding nothing ever seems to happen.Any insight would be appreciated.

Dusty

check the default seeding settings:

file/preferences/seeding options

set it to unlimited upload ;)

Back