Some suggestions for a smoother site...

i86time

I was wondering if we could devise a way to make the site easier to use and to reduce the number of redundant files in various torrents, as it seems to be happening more lately. I was thinking the website could host some text or small spreadsheet/ database file that lists specifically which files have been seeded and in which torrents, along with their file size, and in the case of audio/video, their running time and resolution attributes, etc. I realize that users have the ability to find what files are in a torrent, but there\'s a problem with that. Sometimes, people flat out don\'t look before they seed, other times they may think they have a different version because they received it with a different file name, etc. We could break it down by source, then by land, then attraction. Though it can\'t be used here (because I did not note what torrent they originally came from), I came up with the general idea when I kept running out of space for videos from the old site. So I burned them to disc and kept a text file listing the park, attraction, source and file size. Perhaps someone can come up with a way for the tracker to automatically generate this info for all new torrents?
For example, a file from the recent Magic Skyway seed might look something like this:

Source 1964-65 World\'s Fair
File Magic Skyway-01- The World of Tomorrow
Size 4.15 Mb
Length 3:01
Attributes 192 kbps

That way people would be able to tell that it is the same file as those seeded for the full 1964-65 World\'s Fair torrent.

Also, please, no more seeding zip files. All the files seeded here are pretty much already compressed as much as possible so there\'s no need to further compress anything. If you need to seed multiple files, put them in a single directory and seed the directory. If people already have 90% of a group of files there\'s no need for them to download them all. If it\'s zip\'d or rar\'d, they have to download the whole thing. If you absolutely must zip files, create a text file which lists the file info and include it in the torrent info. This is not meant as a criticism to any one person, it\'s only meant to make sure things run a smooth as possible.

This issue has been an ongoing discussion among the moderators. In my opinion, the best action would be to drastically reduce the number of uploaders on the basis of those who have proven that they understand the intended context of this website. I know this would offend some uploaders, but it is not intended to be a personal attack.

Anyway, I also intend to prepare an official instructional \"FAQ\" guide which will help the issue a lot.

Why not just have individual files instead of 29 files in a torrent. There are some torrents like BGM loops that have the entire loop then 10 files of it broken down into seperate songs. If I\'m looking for just the whole loop why waste time uploaing everything? And would this not make searching for a particular song easier?

Noodle Pants said:
Why not just have individual files instead of 29 files in a torrent. There are some torrents like BGM loops that have the entire loop then 10 files of it broken down into seperate songs. If I\'m looking for just the whole loop why waste time uploaing everything? And would this not make searching for a particular song easier?

Many people like having both versions of a loop. It sometimes makes it easier to burn to a CD, or find a certain part of a loop without searching around for it.

Also, having each file separated would make the torrent database unecessarily huge. If you only want one or two files from a big torrent, you can select those files with Azureus and only download those files.

Why not just have individual files instead of 29 files in a torrent.

as said above .. this would make the confuse .. and how many people are willing to share 50.000 sigle files -_-

What is the thinking on the new policy, or expected time frame?

Back