Comparing HD Cameras

WDITrent said:
^How is the result?

as you'd expect ..no more ir lights in attractions  ;D

you can check if your cam is affected too .. just point a remotecontrol at the cam and if you can see the light..you'll get those ir cams too

name of the filter is

HELIOPAN - Video 103 Filter

it's a german product

here is a website testing that video filter in combination with a canon hv20

http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fxsupport.de%2F01_Canon_HV20.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

WDITrent said:
Hey everyone-

I'm thinking about purchasing a new HD camera to replace my low-quality JVC camcorder. The cameras I'm looking at are outlet cameras, being sold initially for about $1,4000 and now being sold for $800. To me, that seems like a really good deal. However, I am not very educated about HD cameras, so I want some advice- Is it worth buying something like this? I'm going to try to post a link to a page about the camera I'm talking about.

hi
    i bought the sony xr520 for our trip to florida this year and it was really good in low light and has a whopping 240 gig hard drive too.

always thought about buying a low end prosumer sony (fx1 .. fx7) but they are just too large ... touchscreen usage of the new sony models turns me off .. I'm almost always using the viewfinder .. saves energy and won't anoy other park guests .. nightshot is a nice feature though

dolbyman said:
always thought about buying a low end prosumer sony (fx1 .. fx7) but they are just too large ... touchscreen usage of the new sony models turns me off .. I'm almost always using the viewfinder .. saves energy and won't anoy other park guests .. nightshot is a nice feature though

had a look at my cam xr520 dolbyman its tiny compared to my other cam a sony trv950

I just read a review of the Panasonic HDC TM300 and it seems great.  It looks to be very versatile.  However, I would like a proper (up top) accessory shoe for a good external mic as well as 30p recording function.  It seems silly to record video at 60i and then convert it to 30p for online videos.

However, I would like a proper (up top) accessory shoe for a good external mic
I was wary of this, but the right angle bracket that comes with it works perfectly. For whatever reason (cooling I think) there wasn`t room behind the mics for a shoe so it fits on the side very solidly, still holding the mic above the camera. Plus the mic input is directly below.

thanks to dajas video, whenever marni says accesory shoe .. I have to think of him holding the cam with the super long mic cord next to it .. rolled up at the side of the camera .. hehe ..  ;D

floridafan said:
WDITrent said:
Hey everyone-

I'm thinking about purchasing a new HD camera to replace my low-quality JVC camcorder. The cameras I'm looking at are outlet cameras, being sold initially for about $1,4000 and now being sold for $800. To me, that seems like a really good deal. However, I am not very educated about HD cameras, so I want some advice- Is it worth buying something like this? I'm going to try to post a link to a page about the camera I'm talking about.

hi
    i bought the sony xr520 for our trip to florida this year and it was really good in low light and has a whopping 240 gig hard drive too.
Thanks- but a little late. I already purchased a Canon HG21. Works excellent.

VPC-FH1 films in low light conditions very well for an HD camcorder, better than HG21 or HV30. Motion is also very crisp without blurring since it can film 60fps at 1080p. However, the digital motion stabilization is terrible.

Panasonic HDC-HS700 (240GB HDD, SD card) and HDC-TM700 (32GB SSD, SD card) are coming out this Spring and look promising.

Notable features:
* Wide angle F1.5 Leica Dicomar 35-420mm equivalent lens (12x optical, 18x intelligent)
* 5.1 surround sound with zoom and wind-reduction
* Up to 1080/60p video
* Electronic viewfinder
* Power O.I.S.

Back