HELP!! Error Message, ONLY for the new WDW vacation planning videos 95 & 96

deaquino2005

HELP!! Error Message, ONLY for the new WDW vacation planning videos 95 & 96
This is a new one for me, I have never had a problem before but the new post for WDW vacation planning video 1995 and WDW vacation planning video 1996, when I try to download them a get a message that says "cannot copy file” “cannot read from source file or disc” I never had any troubles before, its just these 2 files. I am not a computer expert so if someone can help PLEASE keep it simple. I am sorry if this has been discussed before, I looked for it but could not find it.  Thanks Everyone!!!

Good call but I just checked it out and its only half full and I was able to download the torrent after those two, any other ideas?? This is driving me nuts!! LOL

Does this happen when you try and open the torrent file, download the torrent file (from Mousebits) or when your client tries to download the file?
Have you saved the file to an external disc which isn't switched on?
It's basically telling you it can't find the file you are trying to access. Check where they are, check that the properties agree with what they should be and finally, try rebooting - and do make sure all cables etc are plugged in (I had that happen with an unplugged USB drive).

Edit:
Just started the 1995 one - no problems so the link/torrent etc is fine.

Hey, LOL cant save it, cant open it says unable to open..  wow this is frustrating, any other ideas? everything is good I mean i just started the new pal mickey and everything is fine its just those wdw vacation planning videos.

eyore said:
Does this happen when you try and open the torrent file, download the torrent file (from Mousebits) or when your client tries to download the file?
Have you saved the file to an external disc which isn't switched on?
It's basically telling you it can't find the file you are trying to access. Check where they are, check that the properties agree with what they should be and finally, try rebooting - and do make sure all cables etc are plugged in (I had that happen with an unplugged USB drive).

Edit:
Just started the 1995 one - no problems so the link/torrent etc is fine.

I think eyore has asked some excellent diagnostic questions; can you answer all or at least most of his questions?  It'll be a big help in reconstructing what is happening.  Otherwise, we can offer only educated guesses.

I have a few basic ones of my own:
- which operating system are you using?
- which BitTorrent client are you using?
- is the error from the torrent client itself or from the operating system?

First I wanna say thanks to all of you for all your concern.
Thanks for your help I will try to answer the best I can,

Windows XP
IE 6
Utorrent

Error message appears to be from the operation system itself.

Ok if I click save I get an error message that says Error coping file or folder, cannot copy file, cannot read from source file or disc.

If I click open,the normal utorrent box appears showing all the normal things like save as, torrent contents etc. like it always does and from here I would normally hit the button that says OK and the download would begin but it I hit OK instead of starting I get a message from utorrent that says “unable to save torrent to C: etc etc . 

I have tried renaming and redirecting but have had no success.

What is making this so frustrating is that im currently downloading other things and im having no troubles at all. The latest torrent for travel channel secrets is currently downloading. I have downloaded hundreds and hundreds of things from this site and have never had anything like this happen before.
Its only these 2 videos. WOW LOL

deaquino2005 said:
First I wanna say thanks to all of you for all your concern.
Thanks for your help I will try to answer the best I can,
You're welcome!

Windows XP
IE 6
Utorrent
OK.

Error message appears to be from the operation system itself.

Ok if I click save I get an error message that says Error coping file or folder, cannot copy file, cannot read from source file or disc.
In which program are you clicking on "Save" and what are you saving?

Torrent 1996 Walt Disney World: Vacation Planning Video

Oh i was just saying that I cant open and start the download or even save it (the torrent in question) to download later like I sometimes do. Just trying to say no matter what I do Im having trouble.

Sometimes if im busy I will save to desk top instead of downloading so its there and I remember to download later, however I cant do anything with these 2 torrents.

Ok, I'm going to get very basic and very detailed so I can follow exactly what you're doing:

1. You're in IE 6 and you're logged in to MouseBits
2. You want to save the torrent file for "1996 Walt Disney World: Vacation Planning Video"
3. Which web page or web page section are you using to download and save the .torrent file?
    a. the "Last Upload" table on the MouseBits home page
        http://www.mousebits.com/index.php
        so you're clicking on the floppy disk icon
    b. the "Torrents" page that lists all the current torrents
        http://www.mousebits.com/index.php?page=torrents
        so you're clicking on the green arrow pointing down
    c. the "Torrent's details" page for that torrent
        http://www.mousebits.com/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=e30978c2737092ba687992fe462661da3e574bbe
        so you're clicking on the colored text "1996 Walt Disney World: Vacation Planning Video" that is in the box labeled "Torrent" on its left side

First, I would delete the torrent files.  They should be named similar to these:

1995 Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Video.avi.torrent
1996 Walt Disney World Planning Video.avi.torrent

Then try to download the torrents again, but be sure that the name DOES NOT have a colon " : " in the title.  Several operating systems do not work well with colons.  If there is a colon, just delete it and rename the .torrent file

Pixelated,

I have tried all 3 a,b & c

If I click open,the normal utorrent box appears showing all the normal things like save as, torrent contents etc. like it always does and from here I would normally hit the button that says OK and the download would begin but it I hit OK instead of starting I get a message from utorrent that says “unable to save torrent to C: etc etc . 

deaquino2005 said:
Pixelated,

I have tried all 3 a,b & c

OK, when you open the .torrent file in utorrent and get the utorrent "Add New Torrent" dialog box, can you make a screen grab of that dialog box and attach it to a forum posting?  In Windows, the <SHIFT><Prt Scr> hotkey combo will capture the entire screen to the Clipboard.  Then run the Windows Paint utility and paste the Clipboard into that empty default canvas, save that canvas as a file and attach that file.

Hey, Uploader here,
The message about not being able to copy the file is related to the way that uTorrent moves loaded .torrent files to a special folder so you can delete the originally downloaded one. The second message is a bit of a mystery.

But please, for your own sake, upgrade internet explorer on your machine. There are way too many bugs and vulnerabilities in that version.

Very odd.
Have you tried right clicking the torrent file and selecting "copy link location" and then (in uTorrent) selecting "file" and "add torrent from URL"?

I take it that other torrents are opening OK after you tried these two (not just continuing to download)?
Just to make sure I have it right, you can't save the file from Mousebits to your PC or can you?
The reason I ask is that I generally save the torrent file to my folder and then double click to open  it in uTorrent rather than use uTorrent to open the file (presumably by using the "add torrent" command).

OMG!!!!  I got it !!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!  Ok well as simple as this was please keep this in mind for others on this site, It was a matter of switching from
IE 6 to IE 8 , such an easy solution .

WOW im tired, this was a mission for me, i really love the old epcot and really wanted to add these to my collection. My wife is ready to kill me for spending the weekend on the computer. LOL.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.............
I have EI6 (and sticking to it - I have a great free recording program which won't work with anything above 6 and they charge now (a lot) for the newer versions) and had no trouble getting the torrent to work with uTorrent.

Ah the joys of computing  ;D

Yep, I know the feeling I will be going back to IE6 in the morning, strange that just those 2 gave me a hard time. I have a few programs (free) that will not work with anything above IE6.

I suspect that versions +IE 6 make some changes (ie messes up) other things on a PC (thanks heaps Microsoft). Particularly annoying when you don't even use Internet Explorer!
I know I get strange messages that stop me deleting stuff (saying it's being used by another program) but there's a great program called Unlocker that fixes that  :D

That's is pretty darn weird that IE 6 had problems with only those two torrent files.  Glad to hear you got it resolved by just upgrading to IE 8!  Windows has its flaws but at least it's relatively easy to switch among versions of Internet Explorer.

Back