Disneyland Fantasmic! Album

bryan29

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this or not. I think it is the Disneyland version of Fantasmic! 1997 album. It has 17 tracks and the last track is the Main Street Electrical Parade. The 16 tracks are 01. Opening 02. Mickey the Sorcerer 03. Flowers 04. Kaa & Elephants 05. Elephants 06. Puppets 07. Jiminy & Monstro 08.Peter Pan & Pirates 09. Princesses Medley 10.Evil Queen, Magic Mirror 11. Transformation to witch, magic mirror 12. Chernabog 13. Maleficent & Mickey 14. Dragon & Mickey 15. Finale 16. Exit Music. 17. Main Street Electrical Parade.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I have the 1992 Disneyland "Fantasmic!" album and it only has two tracks, Fantasmic! and the MSEP.  I don't think the number of tracks changed during the life of the album but I could be wrong.  The artwork on the CD and the jewel case tray make the album appear to have 31 tracks by listing sections of each show as if they were individual tracks:

FANTASMIC!
1. Opening (2:08)
2. Mickey The Sorcerer (1:01)
3. Flowers (0:48)
4. Kaa & Monkeys (1:14)
5. Elephants (0:52)
6. Puppets (0:31)
7. Jiminy, Monstro (1:48)
8. Peter Pan & Pirates (2:34)
9. Princesses Medley (1:52)
10. Evil Queen, Magic Mirror (0:44)
11. Transformation to Witch, Magic Mirror (2:05)
12. Chernabog (1:09)
13. Maleficent & Mickey (1:48)
14. Dragon & Mickey (1:02)
15. Finale (3:23)
16. Exit Music (2:59)

MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE
1. Opening and Announcement (0:48)
2. Blue Fairy (1:04)
3. Wonderland (1:04)
4. Cinderella's Ball (1:03)
5. Dumbo's Circus (1:05)
6. Pinocchio Underwater (1:02)
7. Pinocchio at Pleasure Island (1:02)
8. Peter Pan & Pirate Ship (1:08)
9. Dwarf Mine (1:04)
10. Pete's Dragon (1:03)
11. Return to Oz (1:04)
12. Disneyland's 25th Anniversary (1:02)
13. To Honor America (1:04)
14. Blue Fairy (Reprise) (1:11)
15. Closing and Announcement (0:32)

This is what the front and the back of the CD booklet looked like:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0002HMSZQ/

I had to buy the album twice when my first one went bad on me and the first one was split up into sections like pixilated has shown but the second one I bought a few years later was only the 2 tracks not in sections anymore. Was very annoyed by that after listening to the first copy I had so many times. So maybe there was a third version in there somewhere where F! was broken up and the parade wasn't.

hi
  I have the disneyworld cd version of fantasmic ......but I think it was on a disneyworld album that I heard a version of fantasmic that had a wailing guitar in the peter pan section ? (sounded awful) is that what yours sounds like pixelated ?

floridafan said:
hi
   I have the disneyworld cd version of fantasmic ......but I think it was on a disneyworld album that I heard a version of fantasmic that had a wailing guitar in the peter pan section ? (sounded awful) is that what yours sounds like pixelated ?
Yes, the DL version of "Fantasmic!" has an electric guitar in the "Elephants" sequence.  The drums in the preceding "Kaa & Monkeys" section build up tension that gets released by the guitar.  Maybe having the visuals to go along with the music will help (Kaa starts around 4:42):
Fantasmic Disneyland 2008 Part 1

hi
.....................typical ,..you go to get something and it isnt there ! I have turned the house upside down looking for my fantasmic cd , cant find the bleeding thing ...however I'm fairly sure it doesnt have the guitar on it but I could be wrong lol    I also think its in surround sound if my memory is correct on that too ....oh dear I do hope I have'nt lost it ...............fiddlesticks and stronger expletives lol

the wdw cd had a "surround sound" version(not sure how that worked as i didn't own the physical cd and it would've been stereo set up so that receivers would interpret it as surround wouldn't it?)

my disneyland fantasmic cd has it split up into all the different tracks
most everything from disneyland's made it onto the cd but some of the thing's are toned down that you'd hear more clearly in the show because they're on separate channels that come more heavily from the island/pirate ship than the audience speakers and that's just how they chose to mix it for the cd.

the version of fantasmic on the 50th 6-disc cd is mixed differently(i think, haven't compared in a while) but it's definitely louder.

and now there's the new fantasmic cd that has disneyland and wdw's version. the dl version is the one from the 6-disc set if i remember correctly and not the one from the original fantasmic cd

Back