Double monitor fullscreen

Hey everyone,

I haven't had any luck finding this on the Internet so I thought I might ask on here. Does anyone know of a freeware program (or just free method) that will allow a video to be played in fullscreen over multiple monitors? The best I can find tries to keep the dimensions so it just makes a small video with a big frame. Any thoughts on how to approach this would be appreciated so don't hesitate to just guess if you think a method might work. If I figure it out I'll let everyone know so they can feel like they're really there in the parks!... just, "really there in the parks" with a tiny 38" wide view and with everyone and everything in the park really squished down to look extra-wide (no offense intended to any ladies in the videos).

Not quite sure what you're asking, do you want the same video playing idenictally on both screens (duplicated) or one image streched all the way across both of them? Why would you want everything stretched wider than the correct ratio anyway? Or are you one of those people who uses the 'wide' mode on a 16:9 TV just to full up the empty black bars when you're watching 4:3 material? :)

DizFan

I've already done that .. 1920p on both PC Screen and TV and then just clone the output (same picture on both) .. and it's done

we need to know more about your used setup to give more advice though

I'm one of those weirdos that wants to stretch the video across my two monitors. For some reason it doesn't bother me that everything is stretched and I feel sort of immersed in the screen. It's as close as I'll get this year to the parks sadly as finances just aren't supporting a trip. But with the help of a few techy friends maybe I can swing a stretched vacation instead.  ;D

I have a similar setup to you, but the PC monitor is upstairs and the HD TV is downstairs, so wouldn't be much point spanning them, LOL.

ZoomPlayer allows you to adjust the aspect ratio of video playback to anything you like, but I think its full-screen (windowless) mode only works on one full monitor or the other. So the best you will be able to do is have a single playback window which stretches over the whole of the two screens, and then fill that window with rescaled video.

DizFan

Not sure what you want to do is possible without the correct video or graphics display system.  My daughter has a 3 screen setup that does what you want, but its a mac laptop and she uses a Matrox duelhead2go.   I think you can pick up a cheap second hand one on ebay.  It works on PC's as well.

That said, she did recommend you try this software, she only works with Macs so she has not tested it, but a friend of hers got passable results.

http://www.xj-spark.com

I think vlc can do it.. you just have to choose the correct output (not all outputs can handle playback on two monitors) so play a bit with the output modules

so the just drag the vlc ascreen across the to monitors..and tadaa :)

Wow, thank you all so much for the help. I am going to try a few of those options. Pyrotech, that link you sent for the Matrox thing is actually what prompted me to seek out freeware since that guy's player is like $85 and (at least on my machine) fails to play pretty much every format. When it plays though, mmmuuhh (that sound a chef makes when you kisses his fingers in approval of something) it's just still outside my budget right now. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate it. If I find anything I'll let you all know.

My daughter thinks there is a trick with vlc open a copy of vlc and expand to full screen and put this on monitor number two,

Then open another copy and drag it open to cover both screens, play the file you want in the second opened copy.  Something techie to doing with screen handling???????

Back