DisneyQuest - Is it difficult to record there?

Hi there!  I see that there are no DisneyQuest torrents available and it's actually a banned request!  Is it really tough to record there?  I ask because I'll be heading there soon and might give it a shot with my new induction mic.

Has anyone tried to record audio from any of the games?  Any tips would be appreciated!  ;D

The "banned request" just means that it's not out there so please don't clog up the forums asking for it (rather than it's not allowed - just in case anyone should get the wrong idea).
Must admit, I'm curious to hear it myself now!
Maybe it's possible to grab bits of it while it's playing but not the actual full files (which is what people want, I think)?

It's near impossible to record anything, or at least for the few items I have an interest in.  If anyone figures out how to record the entrance BGM, without using a ladder, let me know.

Doh!
I'd always thought Disneyquest was an arcade game in the park. How dumb can you get.
Looks a fun place - even for an old'un.
I can understand (after a while on Youtube watching the videos) how difficult it must be to record anything with that level of background noise and inaccessible speakers.
I did recognize one game that they used to have in DLRP but the closed it down - Was it Astro Blasters where you stand on a platform and shoot things on the screen? Just an empty space now and no, I wasn't able to record anything of it for similar reasons - speakers high up on the wall and an incredible amount of background noise from the arcade games (it was situated at the exit to Star Tours).
Wouldn't mind trying the virtual Jungle Cruise though.

You could always get some temporary adhesive gel, a mic, long cable/wireless and a mini crossbow to get it up to the speaker, then pull it down when done. I'm sure no one would notice  ;D

Ooohh, how about those "geko pads" (discs you affix to your feet and hands to climb up any mostly flat surface).

Don't laugh but there are a few enthusiasts who take telescopic rods with them to reach the ceiling speakers. The gel, long cable etc has already been done (usually glue dots).
The mini crossbow hasn't been tried yet (as far as I know) although I'm not sure how that would go down in a bag search  ;D
I have a feeling that Disney covers that in their "you cannot bring into the park" rules.
Prohibited Items

"Certain items are not allowed to be taken into the Disney parks:

Items with wheels, such as large suitcases, skateboards, scooters, roller blades, roller skates or shoes with detractable wheels
    Alcoholic beverages
    Weapons of any kind
    Folding chairs
    Glass containers (including bottles, jars and perfumes)
    Pets (unless guide dogs or service animals)"

There goes my ride-past on roller blades then  :(
Hope my wife's wheelchair isn't counted  :D

I'm not sure about by you, but DLR's security is pretty much only what's in the bag. So in your back pocket, under the shirt, hidden in a jacket, ankle holster, etc. would get by them. Don't you feel safer already?

I may be fairly dedicated but I draw the line at secreting a crossbow in my underwear!
That being said, I have seen metal knives and forks being confiscated at DLRP and also one irate chap had three six packs of lager taken!
Contrary to what DLRPMagic say, in the first two years, they did confiscate all items of food and drink including snack bars and sweets.
As a diabetic, I need something sweet with me just in case so I had to make a false bottom in my rucksack for chocolate. Now they picnic on the beach by Hook's ship (unless they get spotted) - and leave their garbage.

Man, they are strict there, people routinely bring food in their bags and are (at most) asked to please put the food in lockers at DLR (they are located just past the checkpoint but before the gates).

What year did they get the checks at DLRP? I was there in 06 and I don't recall going through any, but I think I remember they had the choke point put in. The big frustration of all the ones here is that if you're not carrying anything you still have to wait behind people with strollers filled with stuff.

There is sometimes an unmarked "No Bags" line at DLR so you can walk straight through.  You have to look for it when you get to the checkpoint or listen for a CM announcing its presence; it'll be one of the lines off to the side.

They were still checking bags in 2010.
There's a covered area by the gates of the park with tables where they have a quick look in your bags.
It's been far more strict since around 9/11 though. There are no public lockers in DLRP (well there are but you can't use them as they could be used to plant a bomb). I was told that was the reason at City hall as I used to keep my insulin in there - nice and cool.
In the early years, they were looking for food (you had the choice of either giving it up or eating it in the picnic area just outside the park). This was in the days when staying at one of the hotels did NOT include any food or drink. You had to buy breakfast at the restaurant.
It was in 1994 that they first gave you a continental breakfast. There was a trolley with a coffee urn and some croissants in the lobby on each floor (only one croissant each) - and this was the Newport Bay hotel!
The following year, you got a decent breakfast (cereal, ham slices, cheese slices, various pots of fruit puree or yoghurt and bread rolls or croissants - which people started to fill their bags with to take into the park). The search for food seemed to stop then - apart from hampers and obvious picnic stuff. They started to allow in cans of Coke and sandwiches within reason. Rule of thumb seems to be "if you can eat/drink it whilst walking, it's OK. If you need to sit down and eat it, it's not". There were a few years when they stopped searching everyone and just picked you out at random for a spot check. As I said, since 9/11 everyone gets their bags looked in (usually it's just open your bag and let them look into it rather than a search unless they spot something unusual and then it's all out on the table for all to see) . Yes, it's a pain as there is no line for "no bags". I'd say that 1995-2000 were "just walk in" times unless you had large bags or drew attention.
Now, on saying all of this, we have lived rough by staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the past few years (2008/09/10) and guests there don't go through any checks as they are already through the main gates so can't speak for those years but I'm sure I saw the tent covers. . Definitely had checks in 2006 though in the August.

That is really curious, perhaps they just didn't care in July of 2006 (this was pre-liquid bomber too). I was at the sierra or whatever they call the Californian national park themed hotel and I really hated going to breakfast. The food wasn't the problem but I literally only wanted a yogurt, a pan au chocolate, and a cup of coffee but had to be seated anyway.

Sequoia Lodge?
Just went back through a few photos from 2006 to jog my memory (you can remember what new stuff you had - recording devices etc and whether you were worried they wouldn't let them into the park) and that was a mini disc/new camcorder year and yes, they did do bag searches. Maybe they only do them after a certain time. We don't go into the park until at least 11.00am to avoid  the rush.

I wonder if they only did them during high volume times? When I was there the parks were dead (space mountain mission 2 was walk on and the longest line was either for peter pan or the storybookland ride)

You may well be right. I suppose any terrorist problems would be aimed at a full park rather than a half empty one so maybe they don't bother.
Personally I like the idea that bags are checked - it makes me feel safer. I still haven't got used to the idea of seeing armed personnel in the airports (the police in the UK don't usually carry guns and, regardless of what you may read, they are pretty rare with the public as well).
The lockers were very handy for storing your purchases in though but I understand why the no longer use them. You put a coin in and it released a key - I've seen similar things on US movies at bus depots etc. Not a thing we have in the UK.

I really hate them because they aren't really checks (at least here) but rather an illusion since they only care about the bag.

While they didn't have the bag checks at DLRP, they did have the same military guards that they had at other tourist sites (big floppy beret and enough firepower to make you think twice about giggling)

Just had a quick look on Google Earth and you can clearly see the security tents in 2007.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 11
When they did the searches (it rains in Paris, they don't want guests and CMs getting wet, do they?).
There are trestle tables to place your bags on so they can check several people at once.
Obviously you were so engrossed with getting in the park, you missed them  ;D
When the park first opened, they checked your bags at the turnstiles but, of course, the park wasn't that busy back then.
I'm pretty sure the tents went up in 2001/2 as a direct result of 9/11 and have been there ever since (that's when they stopped the lockers as well).

Either that or they were being replaced at the time since the weather is a lot harsher there. Even the DLR ones get a lot of abuse from UV. What happened to the food stands and the... I guess merchants/hobos selling stuff in that area?

Never seen any stands but they have artists, photo takers and loads of junk for sale - but more in the evening now. Those stupid dogs that turn somersaults and those laser things plus lots of cr*p souvenirs of Paris. That's more on the land between the station and the bus stops though.
Wondering what all this has to do with Disneyquest though.
Maybe start a new topic instead?

Back