**iOS App Developers** Disney Music Library App

tjcdude16

This may seem like a waste of time to some of you but this is something I've been trying to figure out for a while.

When I'm in that Disney mood, there is nothing else I want to listen to but Disney music.

Is it possible to create an app (for Jailbroken devices, of course) that could house only my Disney soundtracks and park music?
Ideally I'd like to be able to open it and have a menu, much like the regular music app.

>Disneyland
>Disney World
>Disney Over Seas
>Disney Soundtracks

After clicking on each their would be subcategories for individual parks.

If this is possible, let me know. If anyone would like to develop this for use for members of this site, that'd be great. (I' don't think I'm asking too much, it seems fairly simple. I just have no idea where to begin in the process of making such an app.)

Thanks,
tjcdude16

I have a PC and most/all  PC app developing software is for android developing only. Not much I can really do.

I am an Regestered Apple Developer, I have yet though learn how to code iOS apps as i need a mac, i just have an Hackintosh that wont run the iOS SDK anyway....

Well I could probably do it but why can't you just use your standard music player? There are several threads on suggestions for how to organize your itunes music. My personal one is Genre: Resort(Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland)   Album: Park(Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Epcot, Tokyo DisneySea, ...) Artist: Land(Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Living Seas Pavillion)

Edit: and to add to that, say I made a custom media player for you that was the exact same as the Music app but was designed to only play your disney music, you'd still have to go through your library and set up which songs constitute your disney music

Yea most of my Disney park music is just on my computer as of now. I think a bunch of the people on here could benefit from such an app.

doesn't answer my question though.. what does this solve that organizing your itunes folders doesn't? You'd still have to organize all your files into categories manually anyways :p

It not the most organized system, but I only saw it as a method of separating my regular music from my Disney stuff.

or a webapp with javascript or html5 (no flash as ios does not have it)

you need a solid data plan though (on both sides)  ;D

dolbyman said:
or a webapp with javascript or html5 (no flash as ios does not have it)

you need a solid data plan though (on both sides)  ;D

well for a remote music player, yes. but i think he just wanted an app that controlled his music already on the device so that it'd be exclusively his disney music playing by category without his other music interfering.

if you were to do a remote one as long as it was JUST you accessing like your home computer over your ISP's connection i doubt you'd hit your data cap on that end(smart phone data plan not withstanding)

Why just target iOS, there are many other platforms out there. It would be so much easier to write a web based script that streams content from your home computer through your browser that would work on WP7, Android, iOS and Blackberry.

Back