Video Editing Question

Video folks!

Greetings and Howdy. I have a question about video editing. I have a video that was sent to me split into 5 different pieces and would like to put them all back together to make one video file. I also want to keep all the same resolution too. The files are .mpg's.

I tried using Aimersoft Video Converter but wants to convert the files to another format.

any suggestions?

Next question if about music video's filmed in London durning the 90's.
I use to watch a video at a bar I use to frequent in the late 90's and for the life of me I cannot remember it. I know it is a love song/story about a girl breaking up with a guy. The singer has curly hair and a big nose. The video is in Black/White and filmed in London at a square. Any ideas? maybe a website to point me to?

thanks a million!

I find that burning a DVD with nero and then ripping it works well. Nero has an option to join several videos into one (It's what I use when Youtube videos are in part 1, part 2 etc. Not sure how to get it back to the original format though  ???
Can't help with the London film though, sorry.

one method is to use dos.... name the files you want to merge in sequence  eg abc1.mpg to abc10.mpg  copy the files to their own folder.

Then in cli prompt cd to the folder,  and run  copy /b abc*.mpg full.mpg  or just copy /b *.mpg fullfile.mpg 

Then convert the full file to your prefered format. 

Did the male or felmale have the big nose and fuzzy hair?

pyrotech said:
one method is to use dos.... name the files you want to merge in sequence  eg abc1.mpg to abc10.mpg  copy the files to their own folder.

Then in cli prompt cd to the folder,  and run  copy /b abc*.mpg full.mpg   or just copy /b *.mpg fullfile.mpg   

Then convert the full file to your prefered format. 

Did the male or felmale have the big nose and fuzzy hair?

Thanks for the info on combining the files.

The singer who had the big nose and hair was male. He sings the song at a phone booth. I think he was talking to his girlfriend. and I do believe he was wearing a trench coat.

if there was a list of every video filmed in London I would be set...

Curly hair and big nose? I'm stuck with Barry Manilow now.  :D
Was he IN the booth (singing in the telephone) or was his girlfriend there?
Was he young/ middle aged/glasses? Sorry to ask this one but what color was the singer?
My wife tends to know trivia like this.

Lionel Ritchie did a video of love will conquer all in a trench coat and on the phone (and he has curly hair) but not London or B&W

eyore said:
Curly hair and big nose? I'm stuck with Barry Manilow now.   :D
Was he IN the booth (singing in the telephone) or was his girlfriend there?
Was he young/ middle aged/glasses? Sorry to ask this one but what color was the singer?
My wife tends to know trivia like this.

Lionel Ritchie did a video of love will conquer all in a trench coat and on the phone (and he has curly hair) but not London or B&W

Not Barry Manilow for sure!

The singer was on the telephone and would sing the lyrics to the phone. His girlfriend was at home. He was in middle age, no glasses and was white.

She had broken up with him and I think it was over the phone. Heck, the song might be from the 80's.

Only thing I can think of is a trailer or video from Woman in Red.    Gene Wilder fits your description...but can't think of a London connection.. and Stevie Wonder was the actual singer.

I'll keep thinking, but you know what they say about the 80's if you remeber them then you weren't there... :eek: ;D

sod the pun, you need to be locked up for bring up BA Robinson.... but I never knew he had a disney link till reading his wiki page....

I'm taking it that this singer was (a) rather unknown or forgettable in the US (b) British (as it's in London)?
Don't remember the video but could it Gilbert O'sullivan?

nope to both of the songs. but good ones...

Is the artist well known, that I do not know. I don't even know if he is british.

a majority of the video takes place at the phone booth. I think he is calling his girlfriend and she isn't there cause she is with another guy... I related to the video cause my ex and I had just broken up when I found the video. I was in spain at the time and it was on the jukebox.

does anyone know of a website that lists all videos filmed in London? or England? or a music forum?

thanks!

Ryan

Back