avi on DVD

Sure, all you need to do is burn it on DVD... It\'s as easy as whatever program you\'re using, be it Nero, or NTI, or ImgBurn, or whatever.

I think the question you are asking is how can you burn it onto DVD so that you canplay it on your DVD player.

You want to check www.videohelp.com for guides on how to do that. There are MANY MANY guides, doing the research will reap huge rewards in knowledge.

you can burn anything you want to dvd .. but you are limited in your option if you own an old/conservative dvd player

you can feed newer ones with almost any format .. but the other ones need dvd to be converted and burned the \"dvd video\" way

imagine it like \"mp3 cd\" and \"cd audio\"

DarMar106 said:
well it won\'t play on anything, darn it

I own a Philips DVP642 and a 5960 and they play DIVX and XVID files almost flawlessly. It\'s a cheap DVD player that will play most of the AVI files out there.

I think the 642 goes for around $30 now, the 5960 I picked up for $70.

I always convert movies to MPEG-2 though, plays on more players that way, otherwise you\'re tied to just a few DVD players that actually play AVI (Divx or Xvid).

kirky said:
DarMar106 said:
well it won\'t play on anything, darn it

I own a Philips DVP642 and a 5960 and they play DIVX and XVID files almost flawlessly. It\'s a cheap DVD player that will play most of the AVI files out there.

I think the 642 goes for around $30 now, the 5960 I picked up for $70.

I always convert movies to MPEG-2 though, plays on more players that way, otherwise you\'re tied to just a few DVD players that actually play AVI (Divx or Xvid).

make sure the file is not currupts and your firmware is up to date onthe drive.

Back