Help! Tracker URL Issue!

Jake Zinda

I discovered a new issue. While I have not been able to upload torrents, or even figure out why some torrents won't download, I went onto a site to edit torrents and found an error with the tracker URL given when I use "upload" on the site.
"Could not find files dictionary"
I use Utorrent for downloading sources. I was able to download something from the torrent category. So my software isn't the issue here. I even used U torrent to even attempt to create the torrent and everything seemed fine until I tried to download it. Nothing worked.
Is it the tracker URL?

I have not had any issues creating torrents to upload here. I use qBittorrent with the given tracker URL (make sure to mark the torrent as private) and upload that torrent here. Then, to seed, I delete the torrent file that I created and download it again from the website. Every torrent downloaded from here contains a tracker URL which varies per member in order to track ratio, and the tracker probably does not accept connections directly to the URL on the upload page because of that.

If you continue to have issues with uTorrent, I would recommend downloading qBittorrent and using it instead.

IHeartGaming said:
I have not had any issues creating torrents to upload here. I use qBittorrent with the given tracker URL (make sure to mark the torrent as private) and upload that torrent here. Then, to seed, I delete the torrent file that I created and download it again from the website. Every torrent downloaded from here contains a tracker URL which varies per member in order to track ratio, and the tracker probably does not accept connections directly to the URL on the upload page because of that.

If you continue to have issues with uTorrent, I would recommend downloading qBittorrent and using it instead.
I put the wrong name with the first reply. I do use qBittorrent. I did your suggestion and it still didn't work. When I download the file after uploading it, it gets stuck on "stalled", so I do not know what is going on.

Jake Zinda said:
I put the wrong name with the first reply. I do use qBittorrent. I did your suggestion and it still didn't work. When I download the file after uploading it, it gets stuck on "stalled", so I do not know what is going on.

When you add the torrent from the website, you need to change the save path to where the files are. You are the only person with a complete copy of the files in the torrent, so if you don't point the torrent client to the files that you created the torrent from, it will stall.

This is what you need to change when you add the torrent:
cojC8Xs.png

When the torrent is set to save in the correct folder, qBittorrent will quickly check the existing files, see that they match the torrent, and show a progress of 100% and that the torrent is seeding.

IHeartGaming said:
Jake Zinda said:

When you add the torrent from the website, you need to change the save path to where the files are. You are the only person with a complete copy of the files in the torrent, so if you don't point the torrent client to the files that you created the torrent from, it will stall.

cojC8Xs.png

When the torrent is set to save in the correct folder, qBittorrent will quickly check the existing files, see that they match the torrent, and show a progress of 100% and that the torrent is seeding.

Nope, not working either...

IHeartGaming said:
Jake Zinda said:

cojC8Xs.png

After further investigating, it turns out the tracker from here does not work.

Attachments

• oof.PNG
    oof.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
I am not seeing any issues with the tracker on my end. If you are willing, upload the files to WeTransfer (you will need to select "get transfer link"), PM me the link, and I will create a torrent from them and seed it here.

IHeartGaming said:
I am not seeing any issues with the tracker on my end. If you are willing, upload the files to WeTransfer (you will need to select "get transfer link"), PM me the link, and I will create a torrent from them and seed it here.

It might be my software blocking it, I guess I will do that transfer thing. This wasn't an issue on my old pc.

Back