How to seed more...

Destino

I previously has a great collection to help with seeding. As instructed I took all of the torrents out of my client. So I only have a couple things to sed since I\'ve only downloaded 2 new things. Now that we are back up, I would like to help seed some of those files I already downloaded. Is there a way to seed without re-downloading the entire file? Can I download a torrent file and somehow get it to link to my downloaded files?

You should be able to download the .torrent file, open it in your torrent software and point to the same file on your hard drive. It should go to 100% and start seeding.

If you are worried that it might overwrite the file you already have, mark the file as \"read-only\" under properties.

I also had problems getting new torrents to work with my original files. What I ended up doing after I deleted the old torrents was to click on the torrents on the site. When prompted how to save, I chose \"Open with....\"my torrent app\". It would check and find my existing file and create a new torrent file. I did not have to redownload all the files again.

Good Luck- DisneyFan

So as to avoid overwriting your old file with what is actually a different file, please compare the file size appearing next to the torrent download with the file size of the media file on their hard drive. If they are the same, then it is safe to proceed as described above.

Thanks! What I had to do (I\'m using Azureus for Mac) was to open the torrent file \"FOR SEEDING\" which then allowed me to select the old torrent. When I tried opening the file by double clicking, it was only allowing me to redwnload the entire file. So now I have it down and will put my stuff back for seeding again!

Back