How do I transfer the files to a CD-R?

G

I have some torrents I\'d like to transfer to CD-R to watch on the DVD player so my kids can watch it on TV. I have Windows 98, so I am behind in technology, how do I burn these?

Thanks!

you want to burn iso\'s
burn playn data discs (need special dvd player)
or convert videos to dvd format ?

Yeah, more specifics are necessary...

CD-R MAY NOT play on a DVD player. If you are talking about video, then the BEST thing to do would be to convert the video to VCD format (I think it\'s MPEG-1 352x240 resolution) video and I forget the audio format.

I think the easiest way might be Nero, however as I stated, not all DVD players can play VCD disks. If you are still using Win98, I\'m going to guess you may have an old DVD player as well, which may be problematic.

Buring to DVD presents it\'s own other set of problems as well in converting many of these movies to DVD format (NTSC or PAL depending on where you live) and getting them to play on a standalone DVD player.

You may want to check out www.videohelp.com for some guids on how to convert video files to different formats.

Audio files are pretty easy, video, not so much...

Agreed, Kirky. DVD players are very finicky about what they will play and what they won\'t play.

Videohelp.com is an excellent resource.

Does Nero work with Windows 98?

Also, if there\'s one bit of advice I could give on DVD burning, it\'s DO NOT BUY CHEAP MEDIA!

I don\'t buy anything you can buy in a local brick and mortar store. I buy ONLY geniune Taiyo Yuden which I buy from places like www.supermediastore.com or www.rima.com. In my experience about 90% of problems are caused by bad/cheap media. Many may disagree with me, but I don\'t want to take a chance on bad media. The price difference just isn\'t enough of a factor to make me look elsewhere.

Oh yeah, don\'t use labels either.

Thanks for all your advice and input. I am one of those people that knows just enough to get into trouble. Plus married to an engineer:\'(. I think I will burn them when we get the new system. I just really love some of them and would like to see them on TV more than the computer. Appreciate your knowledge.

Back