Uploading a new torrent

TheBeets

Administrator
Staff member
We need to control what is posted on this site, we are not interested in low quality footage, low quality audio, or commercially available material that is easily available elsewhere. We cannot have sitcom TV shows posted here, even if it features a Disney theme park.

You will get upload permission if you plan on uploading high quality footage or high quality rips of out of print theme park related albums, high quality source audio or possibly high quality live recordings.

If you have permission to upload something, then here is a real quick tutorial for uploading:

uTorrent:
Click "Create New Torrent" or hit Ctrl-N.

Either click "Add file" (for a single file) or "Add directory" (for a directory of files).

Use http://www.mousebits.com/announce.php for the tracker.

Click Private torrent and hit ok. Upload the file using the Upload command here on the site. Re-download the file from the new link and make sure to seed the file for as long as you can.

Can I get upload permission please, I have High Quality video's to upload, for example http://vod.dlrpfans.be

I suggest that you somehow get the file to one of our audio uploaders, if there is one willing to help. He will be able to judge the quality and post with full credits to you.

After a while we can maybe discuss adding you as an uploader.

Cheers,
Dajatje

It's already uploaded.
It's  128k and (to me) is a good recording of it (remembering that there are certain special effects to make it sound like an old radio broadcast so the tinny sound and the crackles are intentional).
It appears to be complete but, as it's the only version I have heard or come across, I have nothing to compare it with and Disneymusicloops is still down. It's 47.31 long . I don't know if it's induction or source though as drkfla didn't indicate which.
Credit has been given in the comments and it's been downloaded 34 times so far and no adverse remarks.

I'd like to get upload permission.  I have some high quality HD video from the Not so Scarry Haloween party to upload

From what I was told at the time, some lower than average stuff is permitted if it's rare or unusual or no longer obtainable or even historical (that is, made a long time ago).
Also things that no longer exist which have been captured on tape, produced on VHS and not DVD etc including old 8mm film.
I would think that a low quality (or even "live") recording is better than nothing IF nothing better exists.
With stuff like videos of existing rides, HD is the acceptable thing and source or excellent induction but what about those rides that closed when video cameras where new or where source isn't available and induction near impossible?
I doubt we would like to lose those or not have them here just because they weren't up to modern specs. I hope so, anyway.
Those that complain of the lo-quality may just not realise that it's the best currently available.
We should be glad that we have something while we wait for source to appear.
Of course, all such torrents should have a reason stated as to why the quality isn't as good as it could be added to the description or a warning that the quality is poor etc.
At worst, the torrent could be removed by the Admins if it isn't good enough.
Let's face it, some of us want perfection or nothing while some of us are just so grateful we have somthing ;D
I'd hate to see Steamboat Willie binned just because it's in B&W and not widescreen with Dolby Surround Sound ::)
Just my opinion of course.

Hi!  I have a video of the Hunchback of Notre Dame show that I took in 2000 with my Hi8MM Sony that I converted to digital. 
Can I get it to someone to review to see if it meets quality standards? I think many will enjoy it.  Thank you!

Depending on the size of the file, you could post it to a file-sharing site (rapidshare takes files up to 200mbs) and post the link here, an uploader can see it and, if suitable, download it and then upload it to here with full acknowledgements to you.
If it's too large, you could upload a smaller sample if you can split it.

tpieples said:
Hi!  I have a video of the Hunchback of Notre Dame show that I took in 2000 with my Hi8MM Sony that I converted to digital. 
Can I get it to someone to review to see if it meets quality standards? I think many will enjoy it.  Thank you!

How large is the file?

The entire video is 250MB. 
I took the advice given to convert it and uploaded a portion on Rapidshare so you can determine if it meets quality standards and worth someone loading it for me. 
It has the pre-show (because it's funny) but it does not have the last 10 minutes of the show so I could keep it under the 200MB maximum on Rapidshare.
It is located here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/160074303/Title_4__VOB_-Chapter_1-0.wmv.html

Please let me know if I can somehow get it to a loader. 
I believe it was a very good show and many will enjoy it again.
Please remember it is a partial file...The file without the pre-show is 215MB...With the pre-show is about 250MB.
I'll need to be walked through how to get it to someone (maybe Pando?).
Thank you for your consideration.

I downloaded the video and I am unable to watch it. There is no sound and for some reason the video is very jerky, as if the bitrate is too high for my machine to handle. Which is weird since I watch HD content on this machine without any problem.

You are also using some kind of encoder that leaves a watermark in the video.

Anyone else seeing the same?

Er, I'm getting the same but I think a lot of the "jerkiness" (lots of it) is because it's a hand held video camera. The sudden change of camera angles (off vertical) and zooms remind me a lot of my own home videos of the parks (why don't I get a monopod ::) )
I've tried several players all with the same result (no sound) including WMP and VCL
Not much use with a watermark though :-\
Anyway, I cant get any sound to play at all.

I'm not qualified to comment on the quality so will leave that for those who are.

Hello, i am requesting permission, i just came across the loop from the main street athletic club which i dont think has been posted here before, thank you

Can you possibly post it to a file sharing site (rapidshare, megaupload etc) so that an uploader can assess it for authenticity, quality and so on and possibly upload it (full credits to you, of course) along with any details - source, induction, live, Park, date etc?

Hello, I have a ride-thru of the 20K Leagues Under the Sea from Magic Kingdom, circa 1991.  I looked for other footage of this ride (one of my favorites) here, and couldn't find any.  Quality is what you would expect from that time period, would anyone like to take a look at it?  It's ~64MB so rapidshare would be easy.

I don't know if a proper "tribute" video to the ride was ever made, but if there isn't any, this footage is better than none I guess.  I can seed it too if need be.  Just want to give back after finding so much great stuff here.

1991 That's going back a bit!
Yes, upload to a file sharing site and post this again in the general "mousebits" forum so lots more will see it (including a few uploaders).
Quality from that far back isn't as strict, I think (they all like HD now, of course) ;D
Look forward to seeing it. I do like the older stuff.
(If you use rapidshare, make sure you put it in a (free) collector's account (otherwise only 10 downloads allowed and the uploaders may miss it) :eek:

I recently obtained the WDW Adventureland Steel Drums and would like to upload it and share. Not exactly sure how to but I would like to try. Permission?

Have you read the advice above?
Only those given uploader status by the admins can actually upload to the site directly.
What size is it?
The usual way for a member to post an individual item is to post to a free file share site.
Then post the link here with permission to upload it as a torrent if it's suitable (with full credit to you).
A few details of where the recording came from and how it was recorded (induction, live, source,  mp3, flac etc - I take it that it is an audio file?) is also useful.
Many of us  (including uploaders) use this method if it's a single, small file or something we are not too sure if it's suitable for a torrent.
Hope this helps.

Who from?
Do you mean you have asked an admin and not heard back or just posted in the forums that you'd like to upload it?

If it's small enough, it's usual (if you just have one or two items) to post to a file sharing site and let an uploader take them from there, check them over (quality, commercial stuff etc) and then upload if OK.
If you have already contacted an admin, unless they haven't been able to get around to an answer and it's a while now, PM them again.
Is this is one by the way
http://www.mousebits.com/smf/index.php?topic=3996.0
If it is, the person who recorded it doesn't want it uploaded to the site.

I just obtained the source audio from the entrance loops to Star Wars weekends (2009) - including Stormtrooper chatter - from DHS.  Can I please have upload privileges?  I promise this is source, and not to abuse any privileges.  I don't believe this audio has been made available by anyone else at this point.

Thanks!  ;D

I seem to be the only one answering these  :-[
Don't know why. Not something I have anything to do with.
I'd still suggest a PM to a mod or admin although the usual way for just one item is as above (post to a file share site and then post the link in the general forum with permission to have it uploaded).
Do please make sure there is nothing in there that can be bought at a store/iTunes etc - Star Wars theme music etc first - they are not allowed. Even one item means it can't be uploaded or linked to.
(Sorry, I don't know what they played in the loops).

Thanks.  Sorry I was a bit confused by earlier Q&A. 

There are brief snippets of Star Wars theme music at one or two points, so it might not be possible.  I guess if anyone is interested enough I can take those parts out and post/upload the Stormtrooper chatter only.  Is any amount of star wars theme music (even 15 seconds of a clip) enough to mean this is off limits?  I assume so, but want to check before I post a file share link to the general forums.

Thanks!

The golden rule is ANYTHING commercially available is forbidden but, if I were you, I'd post in the first forum (I don't think many read this one - it's mainly HOW to post torrents - a technical guide so not of interest unless you are an uploader having problems).
I'll start a topic for you over there and see what the admins say..
Here's what I've said:

There's a post from peeplmoovr in the "instructional guides" forum (people don't seem to read that, I seem to do the only replies) saying that they have a source audio of the entrance loops for the Star Wars weekend 2009 and would like to share it with us via a fileshare site and possibly have it uploaded as a torrent.
I'm not familiar with the loop (gnash gnash, to far away to go) :mad:
However
Quote:
"There are brief snippets of Star Wars theme music at one or two points, so it might not be possible.  I guess if anyone is interested enough I can take those parts out and post/upload the Stormtrooper chatter only.  Is any amount of star wars theme music (even 15 seconds of a clip) enough to mean this is off limits?  I assume so, but want to check before I post a file share link to the general forums".

Any comments from the Admins?
Allowed or not?

Many thanks, eyore!  As usual, the kindness of mousebits users/admins shines through.  I appreciate the effort and the concern for not sharing commercially available audio. 

Thanks for making this file-sharing community what it is!

Peeplmoovr

Greetings... I shot a rather large amount of HD video during my trip this past Sept-Oct which I am eager to share with the Mousebits community. Could you please authorize me for upload. Thanks! 

jonnyku said:
Greetings... I shot a rather large amount of HD video during my trip this past Sept-Oct which I am eager to share with the Mousebits community. Could you please authorize me for upload. Thanks! 

I send you a personal message.

Hey, I just acquired a General Motor's World of Motion Promotional Video called Make Your Own Magic via eBay. It is from 1989 and contains some great footage of WoM and the 3 parks at the time. I would love to upload this content to share with all of you. I ripped the footage from the VHS and it is of very high quality. Please allow me to upload this if you wish! Thank you

I have created a live audio of Disneyland's new Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show that just opened last week.  It contains both the pre-show prologue (with Walt) and the main show in its entirety.  The pre-show I recorded myself.  The main show's audio I obtained by taking the audio from YouTube'r dlfreak's full show YouTube Lincoln videos.  The result isn't a perfect-quality audio, but it'll do.

If there's any interest, I'll be happy to submit it for download via whatever means are appropriate.

I recently found a VHS recording of the 1988 Fourth of July Parade telecast from WDW.  It includes some great footage of Mickey's Toontown Fair, Main Street Electrical Parade, and Disney-MGM Studios prior to its opening.  I have edited the tape to remove advertisements, and would love to upload the file.

mainstreet1997 said:
Would love to upload the Sam Brown Great Hotels episodes for Wilderness/MK and Yacht and Beach/EPCOT

Those episodes are available on iTunes and will not be allowed here.

I have a 10 disc CD set of DLRP similar to a retrospective that I bought from someone in Europe that I would like to upload. I can send someone a link to see what is on it for approval.

Is it genuine?
I never saw a 10 CD set there since it opened and have never heard of one. Do you know what year it was issued?
Not that I doubt you, just wondering why and how I missed it.

Much of what is on it is ripped from commercially available CDs, I think so no, it wouldn't be allowed here. Main st, Frontierland, Discoveryland etc - all from movies CDs etc and most of the Disney music stuff is either from the film soundtrack or music CDs (still available).
They've just collected it together and burned it to disc(s).
Some of it is also from the Forever projects as DLRP used a lot from the US parks.
Much of what isn't commercially available is here anyway.
It's a rip off!

I've got a pretty high quality source audio of Illuminations: RoE starting with the pre-show music all the way through the end.  All together its 1:08:13 long.  Its built around TTiiMM's Pyrotechnics Mix of Illuminations. 

Is there someone that could torrent it from me to check the quality and then upload it if it passes?

I have a problem with that. The pre-show is needle drop and is commercially available, even if it is from different albums.

Where did it come from if it's not from the CD or ripped from the video?
We'd need to know, I think  ;)
The haunted mansion movie is still available so I doubt that anything from the film would be allowed.
Even if it's from a different source, it would still be the same music which is commercially available, wouldn't it?
More details needed, I think.

May I please have permission to upload? I have close to 4gb worth of mp3s that I am willing to share. The vast majority is stuff from the rides and parks, mostly WDW with some Disneyland.

You should really PM a mod, I think (or post the details as I suggest below in say the general forum - you'll get more readers than in here). This thread is more of an instructional guide for uploaders.
Give full details of what you have (and do make sure that they are not here already and that none are commercially available to buy as they are not allowed).
Also include the details of where they are from (induction recordings, live recordings you have made, stuff downloaded from other sites or ripped off Youtube etc and also the quality - mp3 bitrate, flac files etc).
The mods need to know all this before they can appear on the site and it applied to all of us before we get uploader status.
I'm sure we are all curious to know what you have.  ;)

Back