Not Authorized To Download

Hi.

I understand that I am not authorized to download torrents because my member status is still validating. However, I am still able to log in and download torrents. I've been doing it since June of this year.

Unfortunately, there are some instances where BitTorrent, the torrent client I am using, will not allow me to redownload files. I get a message saying that the selected torrent is already in the list of torrents in BitTorrent. I suppose I'll have to ask BitTorrent's support staff for further questions on why I can't redownload.

At any rate, I don't remember if I received a confirmation email when I initially signed up. I thought I did. But if my status shows validating instead of me as an actual member, how can I change it from saying "Validating to being an actual member?

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen

Rob-5 said:
Unfortunately, there are some instances where BitTorrent, the torrent client I am using, will not allow me to redownload files. I get a message saying that the selected torrent is already in the list of torrents in BitTorrent.

If you have the option to confirm or deny the message (a.k.a. click 'yes' or 'no'), then when you click yes you will re-write the original .torrent file and begin downloading. If it is just a pop-up warning message, then you will have to go to the original .torrent file on your hard drive and delete it. Then you should be able to 'redownload' the files.

As said, if it's just asking if you want to load the trackers from it, just hit the yes button. It won't affect anything.
If you do that and it doesn't start downloading (ie it checks and then closes) - the file is still on your PC  ;)
The client has a memory of what it's downloaded, that's all.
Why do you need to re-download? Did you delete the file and then changed your mind or something?

Hi.

Yes, it asked if I wanted to download the trackers. I hit the Yes button and it would not download it.

As it turns out, I only need to redownload a few tracks from the Virtual Disneyland Tour torrent. They are:

Would it be possible for me to download these individual MP3 tracks? Could one of you make them available for me to redownload?

Rob Bendtzen

Rob-5 said:
Hi.

I understand that I am not authorized to download torrents because my member status is still validating. However, I am still able to log in and download torrents. I've been doing it since June of this year.

Unfortunately, there are some instances where BitTorrent, the torrent client I am using, will not allow me to redownload files. I get a message saying that the selected torrent is already in the list of torrents in BitTorrent. I suppose I'll have to ask BitTorrent's support staff for further questions on why I can't redownload.

At any rate, I don't remember if I received a confirmation email when I initially signed up. I thought I did. But if my status shows validating instead of me as an actual member, how can I change it from saying "Validating to being an actual member?

Rob Bendtzen

Tracker and forum were not in sync.... Fixed it  ;D

Hi.

What did you mean when you said the tracker and forum were not in sync and you fixed it. What tracker and forum are you talking about?

Also, I am still not able to get the Disneyland Virtual Tour torrent to redownload. When I click "Yes" to download the trackers it does not redownload. What else can I do?

Remember those missing tracks I indicated in my previous email, well is it still possible for me to download them as individual MP3 files?

Rob Bendtzen

I would suggest you move the tracks you have already downloaded to another folder and delete the original torrent file. I think the client is seeing the partial download and therefore saying "already got this".
Yes it is possible to download individual tracks IF they are individual tracks in the torrent - when you get the box up it should show the individual tracks and you just check the ones you want (they are in this one)
It's not a site problem. It would help if you gave us exactly the messages you get on the screen rather then "it does not download".
As I said, move the files you already have for this torrent to another location, download the torrent file and double click it.
Tell us, step by strep, what happens and the exact wording of any error messages. I have a pretty good idea what the problem is but how to correct it depends on what the client is telling you.
It may also be best to post this in the technical assistance forum rather than here - not many people bar daj read this one you see (except nosey ones like me)  ;D

Doddles said:
I can download, but I'm still showing as "Validating."  What do I need to do for full access to the forums?

Nothing really. Have fun and Happy Easter!

SDTigger said:
I cannoot either. and i dont see any email! i looked in my junk folder and nothing is there. HELP!!!!!!

Thank you

Help is on the way. Check your email please.

Received 'Not Authorized To Download' message.  Checked my e-mail...no message in junk folder or inbox.  Can you help?  I would appreciate it.  Thanks!  :)

You will receive the notice in your email usually within 24 hours. It is not automatically sent to you as it sometimes done on other websites. A site administrator has to approve your membership and physically send you the email. Be patient. :)

ChrisLyndon said:
You will receive the notice in your email usually within 24 hours. It is not automatically sent to you as it sometimes done on other websites. A site administrator has to approve your membership and physically send you the email. Be patient. :)

Actually, the confirmation email is sent automatically, but we are blocked by a couple of email providers (yahoo for instance). When blocked the mail does not even end up in the spam folder. In those cases I send an email myself and validate when the email is replied to. I do wonder if our email service (subscribe to topic changes for instance) works for those members.

xphile said:
Received 'Not Authorized To Download' message.  Checked my e-mail...no message in junk folder or inbox.  Can you help?  I would appreciate it.  Thanks!  :)

Sure, check your email again ;-)

SirScrapalot said:
I guess I missed them email too...

According to my information, the email address you used in your profile is incorrect. Please check your profile settings.

hal200389 said:
I didn't get an email either :( i'm sad.

According to my information, the email address you used when you registered is not correct. Please check your profile.

Hello! I got the email and am all set up except I too never got the email to become able to DL. Any help would be awesome! Thanks! I love Disney hard-to-find music!  :)

tempytemp said:
Hello! I got the email and am all set up except I too never got the email to become able to DL. Any help would be awesome! Thanks! I love Disney hard-to-find music!  :)

If you still have that email, you should follow instructions. Just in case I also sent you a new mail with instructions if you don't have it anymore.

Could I please have a resend of a member validation email?  I had to change my email address associated with the forum

I think Daj has a problem with his PC. Sit tight! Did you cancel your account or go to your panel and change it there? I didn't think that cancelled your membership but only needed the validation before they changed the email address.

Tozmo said:
Could I please have a resend of a member validation email?  I had to change my email address associated with the forum

Can you PM me the email address you now want to use? I see two email addresses in use because the tracker and the forum are out of sync. I want to fix both with the correct address.
I will also correct the user level of the forum, since that is out of sync as well.

This topic is about being unable to download, but I don't see any issues with your user that would confirm that. Are you really unable to download?

-Dajatje

My account is still in the validating state. I don't recall receiving the email before and email is correct. Can I get the email resent?

Hi I either never got the validation email or deleted it by mistake, can you please resend it so that i can be authorized, thank you

gcharlie84 said:
Hi I either never got the validation email or deleted it by mistake, can you please resend it so that i can be authorized, thank you

Check your inbox ;-)

bobbyfrass said:
I could use help along this line, as well. Happy New Year!

I will send you an email. Please follow instructions in that email and I will take care of the situation.

Hi,

I'm still in "validating" status. Please, can you help me too?

Thank you very much °o°

hernanmc said:
Hi! I didn't get the email either, it's not in the junk folder either, could re-send it to me please? Thanks..

I sent you an email with instructions.

Hi, I am also having this problem.  I completed the email verification yesterday but I still cannot download any torrents today.

I'd be very grateful if someone can resolve this issue for me.

Thanks

Back