MouseBits > Technical Assistance

Explain induction recording

<< < (10/10)

772pilot:
I've had great success removing the suction cup from one of my pickups and gluing a rare earth magnet to it. No interference either.

pixelated:

--- Quote from: disneydon on February 12, 2021, 05:08:48 AM ---Back in the early 70's I used to make induction recordings using a suction cup microphone recording device for old telephones I got from Radio Shack and a cassette recorder. We had no special name for it. But it was magic!

--- End quote ---
How Bowers says it was Mike Lee who thought of using a Radio Shack telephone pickup to record a speaker's magnetic field.  Is that correct?

disneydon:
Not sure but I was doing it back in 1974. I believe that's when my earliest tape was recorded. I believe I recorded Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion and Adventure Thru Inner Space in that first tape. Awwww the memories.

Doddles:
I saw someone was using an Edirol/Roland R-09 and had good results and there was an inexpensive one on eBay, so that’s where I’m starting. Now to find a suction cup . . .

cocomonk22:
Is there a list anywhere of easily accessible speaker locations? Feel like that could be helpful instead of everyone having to hunt for a signal on their own each time as they visit the parks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version