Nero track order when burning.

eyore

Odd one this. When burning audio files to CD with Nero 10 Express, it's decided to put the last track first  ???
Not come across this before.
The tracks are in the right order in the window and are all numbered correctly using double digits (01, 02, 11, 12, 21,22 etc).
Before I start fiddling with things, anyone know what could be causing this to happen?
The one I have just burned plays track 22 as the first track and then the others in sequence.
They show up in "properties" as the correct numbered tracks and the tags are correct on them.

OK, I can see what is happening. In Nero Express you can't import a batch by using the shift control.
Example. If you want to import the tracks from an entire CD sa, 15 tracks, the usual way would be to highlight the first track, press shift and then cick on the last track. For some reason Nero retains the last item clicked (the last track) and starts importing from that so imports track 15, then track 01, track 02 etc.
It's possible to drag the track to the correct position so not all bad (if you remember to do it, of course).
Never did this with previous versions. Another nail in Nero's coffin.
Bah, humbug!  :mad:
I have written to the support team to see if they know about it. We'll see what they say.

eyore said:
OK, I can see what is happening. In Nero Express you can't import a batch by using the shift control.
Example. If you want to import the tracks from an entire CD sa, 15 tracks, the usual way would be to highlight the first track, press shift and then cick on the last track. For some reason Nero retains the last item clicked (the last track) and starts importing from that so imports track 15, then track 01, track 02 etc.
It's possible to drag the track to the correct position so not all bad (if you remember to do it, of course).

I've always noticed this issue with all previous versions of Nero. The easiest fix is, when selecting your tracks, click the LAST track first (e.g. track 15), hold SHIFT and then click the FIRST track (track 1). Nero will then list the tracks in order (track 1, 2 etc through 15).

DisneyFanatic001 said:
eyore said:

I've always noticed this issue with all previous versions of Nero. The easiest fix is, when selecting your tracks, click the LAST track first (e.g. track 15), hold SHIFT and then click the FIRST track (track 1). Nero will then list the tracks in order (track 1, 2 etc through 15).
This is what I've been doing.  It's been years though, I can't believe it still happens!

The cause seems fairly obvious. It remembers the last track that's clicked on and processes that one first. If highlighting a nuber of files in order (like a CD), the first click picks the first track, the shift key is pressed,  you click on "add" and the stupid thing picks the last one in emory - the last track, adds that and then adds the rest.
One would think it would be an easy thing to fix. Especially as it doesn't seem to happen using anything else bar Nero Express. They obviously feel it's not worth the investment considering most people would probably have used the Multimediasuite10 and Express is an older program.
I only noticed it this week after finding my old favourite Express hidden within the burning rom options.
One of those things, you like to use what you always have (plus there are a few more options in express).
It never happened with Nero 6 by the way (I used that for a heck of a long time but it won't work with 64bit systems so I had to buy a new version - and it cost a LOT).  :mad:
Thanks for all the help. I just need to re-burn some CDs now although, with a loop, I don't suppose it matters really.
Not my day today. I already posted a reply earlier and it seems to have vanished into the ether!

Back