won't download in utorrent

dlandgeek

Hello!
I downloaded utorrent and got the torrent files in my hard drive.  I then opened them in utorrent to actually download the files, however even though it says they are fully avaliable and that they are trying to download, the percentage download had not changed at all from 0% nor does the line at the bottom change to have any % in it.  This is the same with a lot of different torrents that I have tried. 

Help!

Does it show any seeds or peers?
Check the "tracker" tab and the "peers" tab at the bottom of the screen. You just may be trying to download something that has no seeders at the moment (see if it appears in the "seeders wanted" box on the home page here).
As it seems to be the same for all the torrents you are trying, it's possibly how you have set up uTorrent but do check that there are seeds and also that the torrent is still here and hasn't been removed.
If you downloaded the torrent files a while ago, try re-downloading them and trying again - just in case something went wrong with them.
Do let us know which files you have tried - it could help.
Don't worry, we'll get you up and running. It will probably be something very simple that needs doing.
We've all been there  :-[

??? ??? ??? ???

I am so confused! I used to be able to download things but took a major time away. Now I have a HUGE hard drive and can again download.  I have uTorrent and NOTHING is happening.

Looks like no seeders as mentioned above, that stinks.

OK, let's look at a few things. Have you cleared Utorrent on your firewall (ie allowing it to download)?

If there are no seeders, the torrent will appear on the index page here and people will start to seed for you. Remember that not everyone is on the site every day so it may take a few before they see the requests - and not everyone has every torrent, of course. As said, the files are on member's computers, not held on the site.

Please answer these three questions - it'll point us in the right direction as to what the problem may be.
Are you able to download some of the newer torrents which obviously DO have seeds? (Again, scroll down on the index page to the latest download section and choose one wit lots of seeds).
There's nothing wrong with the site at all (I use uTorrent and it's fine).
Can you download from other torrent sites at all?
Which files are you trying to download?

Interesting.
I wonder if they are torrents that were downloaded some time ago and have since been removed?

It's a pity so many of these posts never get answered. My guess is that they get re-checked and they say "oops" and all goes well.
Note that dlandgeek's post was over two years ago so I guess he sorted that one out!

1.) my firewall is open.
uTorrent (TCP-In) Private and Public Both Checked
uTorrent (UDP-In) Private and Public Both Checked

I have tried three Torrents:

The Dapper Dan's "Shave and a Haircut"
WDW40 EPCOT CENTER
A Musical Souvenir of Walt Disney World

the torrent opens up in uTorrent and nothing happens... no seeders, no downloads.

I have windows 8, which I freaking hate!

I have the same problem, also using Windows 8. I've tried recent torrents, and older torrents here (which are both being seeded). I've tried "other" torrents from "other" sites, and they work just fine.
I use Free AVG, not McAfee.
Any suggestions?

Well, if the torrents are current and seeded, I'd suspect the security settings on your PC or firewall/virus scanner. I'm not familiar with windows 8 and security.

What client are you using?
I also use AVG free and don't have any problems with Windows 7. You don't have a trial version of anything that came with the PC I take it?
Can you say what response you get from the mousebits tracker (trackers tab in uTorrent) ?
Are the torrents showing up in the downloading window and just not downloading or are they not opening at all?

You could also try running the client in compatibility mode for an earlier windows version.
OK, that's enough for now. Please let us know the answers to all three questions (client name, tracker status, downloads being added OK).

What security settings should I alter?
Not sure what client name is or how I get it.

The torrents are loaded into Utorrent without a problem, they just stay at .00%, with no activity.
trackers status says "proxy connect error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".
Thanks

uTorrent is your client ("client" is the name of the program you use for torrents).  ;D
Check any firewall you may be running and also your virus program and make sure that mousebits and uTorrent are in your allowed list. (You can test AVG by closing down your browser - for safety - and disable the program - Tools - 3rd line down Remember to turn it back on when done)! See if that works.
Also after doing that, shut down any firewall you have(again remember t turn it back on again when done). Do these one at a time. It may help to pinpoint which, if any, is causing the problem.
Do you use a proxy? if not change the settings in uTorrent See the diagram on this page)
http://ca.isohunt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787017&start=0
about half way down.
Do make sure you are using the latest version of uTorrent as well (made for use with windows 8)

Found this on another forum where they had the same problem but with all torrents

>I think you should uninstall and do a clean install.

>After you uninstall uTorrent go to -
>Documents and settings>User name>Application Data>uTorrent
>(delete the utorrent file that was left after you uninstalled)

>Reinstall uTorrent.
>Turn off proxy support

Do the mousebits torrents show any seeds or peers at all? I would guess they don't as it's getting blocked by something in transit and so not reaching the site.
It's educated guesswork as I don't have windows 8 which may have some new security setting.
Let us know how you get on.  ;)

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled UTorrent and its working now.
Thanks again!

Have so much problem,but uTorrent is not to such an extent.
That service is really nice.I didn't any problem.
Anyhow someone get problem of faces problem to contact uTorrent.
For this you visit uTorrent web site.

Back