Probably a dumb question but here goes!!

minniemouseuk

Hi,

I\'m very new to DC Torrents (which was recommended to me by dolbyman on wdwmagic), and was hoping someone could help me with a couple of things.

I\'m currently trying to download a 2GB file. The amount downloaded has been at 0.2% for a very very long time, in fact, the ETA (which seems to change frequently!) has been as much as 7 weeks! I have a Broadband connection - should it really take that long?

Also (and this is the question that may be dumb) do I have to stay on the DC Torrents website whilst the download is taking place?

Oh, the ETA is currently showing as an 8 sideways. What does this mean?

If anyone has any tips, I\'d be happy to hear them.

minniemouseuk :wave:

With only one seeder, that really could take a while. Maybe some others with that torrent will hop on and help out.

As far as the website, no you don\'t need to stay on the website, but you will only be downloading while your torrent client is online. As long as that\'s there, it should be downlading till it\'s done.

kirky said:
With only one seeder, that really could take a while. Maybe some others with that torrent will hop on and help out.

As far as the website, no you don\'t need to stay on the website, but you will only be downloading while your torrent client is online. As long as that\'s there, it should be downlading till it\'s done.

The torrent I want was uploaded by DisneyFanatic001. Does this mean it will only download if he is online? Therefore, if he isn\'t listed as an online user, it won\'t download the torrent?

The 8 sideways is the symbol for infinity. Meaning that at the current rate it\'s moving the torrent program can\'t predict how long it will take to finish.

Back