Can't access main Mousebits page? Any suggestions?

swdrg

Hi all: I cannot access the home page at www.mousebits.com. I get an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" that says the website cannot display the page and that the website is likely either undergoing maintenance or has a programming error. I've tried from both work and home computers and neither work. I've just assumed Mousebits has been down for a couple weeks. A google search tonight was at least able to get me to the forum so I can see now that the website is working.

Any ideas on what might be going on for me from two different computers in two different cities? The only thing I've done is try to change my email address in my profile. I changed the email address and received the confirmation email with the link to click at my new email address. The problem started when I clicked that link and hasn't changed yet. Would an email address change affect my ability to see the full site? I've cleared the mousebits cookie from both machines but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

There were a few getting this message some time ago. the 500 error is a site error (not that I understand it but it's generated from within your PC).
Here's a link to the last time it happened
http://www.mousebits.com/smf/index.php?topic=5717.0
There are a few things to try there.
Do try the ping test (open command prompt and type    ping 200.35.146.10  )
It did eventually resolve itself without reason.
Can you access the main page by clicking the index tab on the forum page?

maybe you have a screwed up main site cookie..try deleting all mousebits cookies and try it again

There must have been another cookie hiding in there somewhere that I missed when I went through the first time. This time I just deleted all cookies and now it works. I've clicked on the email change password and that's all updated now too. Thanks so much to both of you for the help!

Back